Just bought the akimbo

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
Tried my spurs and I hate them! The stirrups way to wide and doesn’t hug the foot no matter how tight you make the foot strap
I had that feeling when I got my $550 DMM geckos. I wrap the shank and it helps some.

Use a tiny ratchet strap and attach it to those baller holes on either side of the spur. You should have less movement with less tension.

Blessed Man

I had that feeling when I got my $550 DMM geckos. I wrap the shank and it helps some.

Use a tiny ratchet strap and attach it to those baller holes on either side of the spur. You should have less movement with less tension.
can u post some pics of that setup?do i go to 1 hole then around and over my foot to the other hole? when i put them on i slide my foot closest to the shank and tighten overly tight,soon as i make the first step my foot moves away from the spur and shank about an inch and then puts pressure on the knee joint internally. i wonder if i can bend the stirrup up and make less width so it'll hug my foot like the older climbing spurs they kinda have a U shape stirrup? wonder why they made these so wide mine would fit a gorilla or bigfoot!

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
can u post some pics of that setup?do i go to 1 hole then around and over my foot to the other hole? when i put them on i slide my foot closest to the shank and tighten overly tight,soon as i make the first step my foot moves away from the spur and shank about an inch and then puts pressure on the knee joint internally. i wonder if i can bend the stirrup up and make less width so it'll hug my foot like the older climbing spurs they kinda have a U shape stirrup? wonder why they made these so wide mine would fit a gorilla or bigfoot!
I posted some pictures of some Frankenstein bucks that I welded heavy washers to... I don't remember where but I don't have them handy. You need to run through the ring that the straps hang from and both of the rings beside the point are a terminal end. I used a little cam strap, but I think a ratchet would make tensioning super easy.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
I posted some pictures of some Frankenstein bucks that I welded heavy washers to... I don't remember where but I don't have them handy. You need to run through the ring that the straps hang from and both of the rings beside the point are a terminal end. I used a little cam strap, but I think a ratchet would make tensioning super easy.
And if you dial it in and like it, maybe invest in something that won't rub through and UV degrade as quickly as those cheap straps. I have no doubt that they will hold the climber on your foot if set well, but I am not making any promises about longevity. Don't die.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom