more fun with knucklebooms

I really like the design on the truck wrap. That looks awesome.
I love that truck. Haven’t yet flown the hook, but definitely would accept the honor some day. I did have the pleasure of watching Aaron and the crew for a short bit last year. Great operation overall. That truck is so well appointed. Everything you could need is in it and accessible. All killer…no filler.
 
Goll-Y! Can anyone keep up with you, @Treetopflyer ? That looks like a sweet spreader bar. Does that just live somewhere in the Ox now incase you need it?
I’m just tryin to keep up with the billz and enjoy my work along the way, you know the deal lol
That spreader beam was fabbed by the guy who wanted shed moved specifically for that project. Old head iron worker. Just started fabrication business with his 13 year old son which I thought was really cool. I need a good spreader, but boy they aren’t cheap for rated capacity markings - as you know I’m sure.
 
I’m just tryin to keep up with the billz and enjoy my work along the way, you know the deal lol
That spreader beam was fabbed by the guy who wanted shed moved specifically for that project. Old head iron worker. Just started fabrication business with his 13 year old son which I thought was really cool. I need a good spreader, but boy they aren’t cheap for rated capacity markings - as you know I’m sure.
I'm sure they're not cheap! We work with one crane that sets a lot of 100'+ trusses, he carries modular spreader bar that can be assembled as long as 80' and has four sets of slings attached to it. Can you imagine swinging something that long?
 
I'm sure they're not cheap! We work with one crane that sets a lot of 100'+ trusses, he carries modular spreader bar that can be assembled as long as 80' and has four sets of slings attached to it. Can you imagine swinging something that long?
I can imagine and would hope to be humming wide open spaces while I do! That’s something I’d like to see in action. Love me some riggin!
 
I can imagine and would hope to be humming wide open spaces while I do! That’s something I’d like to see in action. Love me some riggin!
I've never seen it live, but I've seen it in photos. I would love to see it live some day too. Here's a photo from their website: https://share.google/8XGFjWVbw4vDOhVmj

Those guys haul these big trusses down the road every day, and then set them on buildings with cranes of all sizes. And they make it look easy. The 40 ton Manitex we work with has a second swing motor, to make enough torque to swing those big trusses on breezy days. Think of how much of a sail a 100' sheeted truss (an end truss, covered with plywood on one side) would be swinging in even a light breeze!
 

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom