Hitch hiker/2/x thread

rico

Thats the story I heard from Paul over 6 month ago, and I took it as the HH may or may not go back into production...Much more important than whether Paul will resumes production of the HH2 is that his machinist gets well.

Sc0-

Wesspur was out, along with what seems like all my normal suppliers, luckily thanks to this thread I was able to order one from GAP. Figured I would grab one now before being phased out? My other main SRT device is a BDB, so have something for comparison. Not a fan of the aluminum Gizmo's, the HH2 looks BULLETPROOF!

Tom Lynch

Made a new tending point. The coat hanger wire one needed bigger eyes. The small eyes would deform into the slot a bit and jam up. I found some random mild steel bar stock in my fathers garage and spent a few hours tooling around. The "eyes" are about .625" Dia, with a large taper where the carabiner contacts during rotation. Less binding and easier to remove. Same with the inner sections along the HH body, they snag the pan head bolts. I need a sheet metal brake to bend it correctly, clearing the bolts but tight to the body. I'll likely make a second one this being the prototype, lessons are being learned. I'd like to use thinner gauge SS and get it laser cut. The budget is lacking currently...

98434604_627570454512810_5426889896920119409_n.jpg

rico

Dave, I believe you don't use any type of tending holster? I myself find I like the HH much better without one...I run my HH in a stock configuration on conifer removals and throw a pulley underneath it for my sprawling removals, prunings, and such...

evo

Dave, I believe you don't use any type of tending holster? I myself find I like the HH much better without one...I run my HH in a stock configuration on conifer removals and throw a pulley underneath it for my sprawling removals, prunings, and such...
you prune things, other than your beard?

DSMc

Yup, that's how I like to run mine also, works perfect. Some guys just seem to prefer having a tender though.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom