Fu*%face Von Clownstick

Burrapeg

Why am I not surprised. Trump's campaign had the social distancing stickers removed from the rally arena seating so he could pack more people in (when he thought tens of thousands were coming). Apparently there is video of it. Just another indication of how much he actually cares about the effects of the pandemic on the country.

cerviarborist

Very stable member
Seems like when the honorable folks in our military branches reach the inescapable conclusion that their supreme commander is basically a bottom for the guy whose spy network put a cash bounty on U.S. military personnel killed by the Taliban, they may want to cast their ballots in opposition to him in November.

Jem4417

The Trump statue at the White House has to be approved. He said it be the “biggest and best“ statue we’ve ever seen! Hate him or love him he’s clearly done enough to need to be remembered during this crazy time in our history.

rico

Yea. Much like we honor and commemorate the treasonous confederacy, maybe we should also commemorate Trump. The man who has multiple times reached out to foreign governments to help him win elections. The man who has sat back and allowed Russia to offer bounties on American soldiers. A modern day Benedict Arnold on fucking steroids.

evo

The Trump statue at the White House has to be approved. He said it be the “biggest and best“ statue we’ve ever seen! Hate him or love him he’s clearly done enough to need to be remembered during this crazy time in our history.
Yeah just like the non existent hitler statue in Germany. Piss off, what history do you want to remember? You can set up a memorial for the millions of Jewish who died to zyclon b, or put up a statue glorifying the nazis... neither erases the history, but one admits it shouldn’t have been done.
Now take the slave holders and confederate statues... you can simply replace them with statues of Harriet, Emma, and many others. History is still told, but the future is changed.

rico

Hmmm. I feel like someone should have seen this coming:

Like maybe in this thread, post #2381;)

Exit question: why would foreigners come here for healthcare? Everyone knows our health system is a dumpster fire. It’s like, the worst.
Yea, our healthcare is simply the best?

https://www.pgpf.org/blog/2019/07/how-does-the-us-healthcare-system-compare-to-other-countries

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK154469/

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-ranks-27th-for-healthcare-and-education-2018-

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/pu...20/jan/us-health-care-global-perspective-2019

Burrapeg

Yea. Much like we honor and commemorate the treasonous confederacy. . .
There were a lot of ironies and complexities in the Civil War. How many of you guys know that Robert E. Lee was offered overall command of the entire Union Army right before he resigned his commission and went with his state? Or that Liincoln's own cousins and most of his wife's family fought for the South? Or that it very nearly became WWI fifty years too early, when the Russians sent most of their navy to San Francisco and New York because they had learned the British were about to vote in Parliament to enter the war on the side of the South following the Trent Affair? Russia, for the North, and Britain and France for the South, had all began to mobilize troops and prepare for war until Lincoln apologized to the British and defused the situation. Lots more fascinating and tragic stuff to read about. It was an incredible time.

JeffGu

There were 109,397 cases of gonorrhea, and 73,382 cases of syphilis just among the Union's white soldiers alone.

Then there's Camp Sumter (Andersonville) that must have been a hell of a party... 13,000 dead out of 45,000 prisoners... most of the survivors weighed less than 120 lbs. when they were released.

Andersonville.jpg

I wonder if the Boogaloo crowd have the vaguest notion of what happens during civil wars, or why they think they will somehow come out of it on top if they were to succeed in starting one.

arborandearth

I wouldn't cri
Hmmm. I feel like someone should have seen this coming:

Like maybe in this thread, post #2381;)

Exit question: why would foreigners come here for healthcare? Everyone knows our health system is a dumpster fire. It’s like, the worst.
Derp!! Did anyone actually read the article? The majority of people coming in for care are Americans - if they have healthcare here and retired there, then they would come here for long term-care and live there. People in Britian do the same thing - retire in Spain but take care of their healthcare needs in Britian. I know a lot of people who travel the other way - they go to Mexico for cheaper prescriptions, dental work, alternative forms of cancer treatment, and even cosmetic surgery. I have talked to people who travel to Thailand for elective surgery.

I don't know what this proves or disproves about your half-assed wall that Mexico didn't pay for other than it doesn't contain a virus.

Bucknut

I wonder if the Boogaloo crowd have the vaguest notion of what happens during civil wars, or why they think they will somehow come out of it on top if they were to succeed in starting one.
I’m a pretty voracious consumer of news and until about 2 weeks ago I had never heard of the Boogaloo Boys. Neither had you probably, and neither had 99% of the normal, decent people in America. They are nothing. Lost children looking for meaning and that elusive sense of self-importance.

The only people I (we) see trying to start a civil war are the other lost children, those of BLM and Antifa. They don’t deny it. They shout it from the rooftops. Why won’t you believe them? (I’m sure you’re aware of the Hawk Newsome interview where he threatens to “burn the system down” if BLM doesn’t get what they want. That won’t happen without a war.) Hell, they already staked out their own “country” within our borders. Say what you want about CHOP, it ain’t full of Trumpsters.

rico

If you could show us where BLM has called for "civil war" that would be awesome. And no burning down the system is not calling for civil war. Not even fucking close.

I'm not sure what you expect black folks in America to do Buck... Should they just sit around and hope and pray that the 401 years of systemic racism in American doesn't turn into 402, 403, 404, 405, ect. ect, ect?

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom