Compact Bulldog Bone

TimBr

Official Well Known Greeter
Hi Guys

Super stoked just ordered my Compact Bulldog Bone, looking to get a new rope to go with it as my drenaline is getting pretty worn out. anyone have any experience with drenalline and the bone? ive really liked it as a rope but its worn out pretty quickly for me (i was using it drt through crotches wont do that again). Any sugestions as what ropes work well? i can get cougar blue really cheap wondering if thats any good with the bone.

look forward to hearing your experiences and recommendations, or warnings
thanks in advance.
Hey, buddybusk! Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum, just in case I haven’t said that yet. I was wondering if you received your new Compact Adjustable Bulldog Bone yet, and if so, how well you like it so far?
It’s great to read your posts here so far. Another veteran climber added to the mix is always appreciated. I look forward to reading more from you, when you can make the time to share your thoughts. Stay well. Tim.

Hey, buddybusk! Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum, just in case I haven’t said that yet. I was wondering if you received your new Compact Adjustable Bulldog Bone yet, and if so, how well you like it so far?
It’s great to read your posts here so far. Another veteran climber added to the mix is always appreciated. I look forward to reading more from you, when you can make the time to share your thoughts. Stay well. Tim.
Hey Tim, thanks for the welcome, i have recieved it and like it a lot. cheers!

Hey everyone, thanks for all the answers and thanks to Gordon for the bone.

At some point in this thread i was reading about some people putting a tending pully on the bone but it not really working out for them, ive been putting it directly onto the swivel on my bridge as pictured and had no problems. So far works very nicely for me. Im sure some of you have already got to this but thought id share in case it was helpful for anyone.

Attachments

• 186188303_476979776711118_5168209448128339697_n.jpg
    186188303_476979776711118_5168209448128339697_n.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

SeanRuel

Branched out member
Hey everyone, thanks for all the answers and thanks to Gordon for the bone.

At some point in this thread i was reading about some people putting a tending pully on the bone but it not really working out for them, ive been putting it directly onto the swivel on my bridge as pictured and had no problems. So far works very nicely for me. Im sure some of you have already got to this but thought id share in case it was helpful for anyone.
I've personally found a tending pulley unnecessary. Look into the nano swivel mod( replacing the lower attachment teardrop on the BDB) it's nice and compact

TimBr

are the bones still for sale?
You need to send a private message to @surveyor requesting information. He’s the inventor, and the only source for the purchase of new Compact Adjustable Bulldog Bones, to the best of my limited knowledge. I think he can customize the Bone to your liking, if I’m not mistaken.

Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum, and congratulations on making your first post! I look forward to reading more from you. Take care. Tim.

Hey guys , new to the forum. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the bulldog bone, been running the zigzag and chicane combo, until I got my bone ! Had a salesman from Ohio send it to me for free since I reached out on a Facebook group asking information about the bone. The one thing that I’ve noticed has a big advantage on from my other system is limb walking. Seems much easier for me to use. Nine times out of 10 I am using The bone over my combo, i’ve been experimenting with different ropes and it to see what I like, just curious what everybody else is running for a SRT rope in the bone. The other funny part about owning a bone is Nobody knows what it is . And everybody wants to try it .

TimBr

@Kevin bauer; Welcome to the TreeBuzz forum! I think you’re going to like it here! Congratulations on making your first post, and especially on your acquisition of a Bulldog Bone!

Be sure to try using the forum’s search utility to find tons of older threads on any tree work related topic you can think of. The threads go back for many years. I look forward to reading more from you. Tim.

Treetopflyer

Been here a while
Hey guys , new to the forum. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the bulldog bone, been running the zigzag and chicane combo, until I got my bone ! Had a salesman from Ohio send it to me for free since I reached out on a Facebook group asking information about the bone. The one thing that I’ve noticed has a big advantage on from my other system is limb walking. Seems much easier for me to use. Nine times out of 10 I am using The bone over my combo, i’ve been experimenting with different ropes and it to see what I like, just curious what everybody else is running for a SRT rope in the bone. The other funny part about owning a bone is Nobody knows what it is . And everybody wants to try it .
I've had best functionality on lines like tachyon and drenaline or vortex and voyager , better than say Yale 24 strand lines.. but thats just me on the bone.. some statics work ok for me in the bone..oh scadere was good from Yale in the bone, not really a static line. ..yeah bout it for me there.... love them bones

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom