Compact Bulldog Bone

Brocky

Another option for automatic tending is to make the Bone able to extend away from the climber, who only needs to pull down on the climb line for it to advance. A single eye cord connected directly should be flexible enough to eliminate the swivel. If this cord is routed on top of the carabiner, the hitch can be tended one handed.
6579D1C8-015F-4182-B96B-252DC9C39766.jpeg

rico

Otto is only 5 months and he already has jaws like a gator.. This is Otto's father Ted.. I have owned and been around Bull Terriers for 30 yrs so I am good at handling these very unique animals. With a shoulder height well under 2 foot and weighing 115 lbs I have never seen a bully this dense and massive. Thankfully he is a super sweet boy that has no idea how fucking strong and explosive he is. A truly world class athlete for sure. Were hoping Otto doesn't get that thick and strong because my wife will not be able to stop him from going where ever he wants.......

IMG_1202.JPG

Last edited:

96coal449

I read somewhere, some time ago, that these terriers were originally bred in England. These dogs were great rat hunters and were able to muscle through bags of feed in search of their prey.

rico

Yep. They are officially known as English Bull Terriers.. They are a mix of a bulldog and a terrier and were bred to be the perfect fighting dog. They nailed it except for one thing... They don't like to fight... Instead they are real live goofball cartoon characters with an amazing sense of humor....

Here is the AKC's description of the breed\, which is pretty spot on

Bull Terriers are robust, big-boned terriers who move with a jaunty stride suggesting agility and power. The breed’s hallmark is a long, egg-shaped head with erect and pointed ears, and small, triangular eyes that glisten with good humor. Coats come in two types: white; and any other color (including an attractive brindle striping), either solid or with white markings. A well-made Bull Terrier is the picture of muscular determination and balance. There are four keys to this breed’s happiness: early socialization with dogs and people; firm but loving training; ample exercise; and lots of quality time with his adored humans. If these requirements are met, there is no more loyal, lovable, and entertaining companion. This is the ultimate “personality breed.”

This is my boy Floyd in his prime at about 4 yrs old. Sadly we recently lost him to old age..This dumb motherfucker decided to tussle with a rattlesnake when he was 7 yrs old. He ended up killing the snake and eating most of it, but he got bit twice in the process and ended up loosing his entire front right leg. This old fella never once whined or looked back and happily lived the rest of his life as a tripod..An amazing animal on all levels....

Floyd 3_4 front copy.jpg

Last edited:

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Otto is only 5 months and he already has jaws like a gator.. This is Otto's father Ted.. I have owned and been around Bull Terriers for 30 yrs so I am good at handling these very unique animals. With a shoulder height well under 2 foot and weighing 115 lbs I have never seen a bully this dense and massive. Thankfully he is a super sweet boy that has no idea how fucking strong and explosive he is. A truly world class athlete for sure. Were hoping Otto doesn't get that thick and strong because my wife will not be able to stop him from going where ever he wants.......

View attachment 70279
Very intelligent dogs. Been around many. Never owned one.

Chaplain242

Hard heads. Friend once kept his in back yard whilst at work, and during day dog would head butt the brick wall separating yard from driveway. Didn’t hurt him and wasn’t a psych issue, he was bored. One day he came home and the wall was laying over his collectable car, dog had pushed it off its foundations...

Acerxharlowii

You know what Gordon. Your device is so fucking sweet. I have to say I set aside and had only used it once or twice because I got the akimbo shortly after and was dialing in my rope runner. I also then got the first batch of rrp. The akimbo was way to fussy with different ropes even though I had dialed it in pretty well with fly and drenaline. And I’m not completely satisfied with rrp. So I decided one day to take the cbdb out for some play. I forgot how fucking smooth this thing is. It works great with All of my climbing lines and releasing the friction is a sinch. I will be ordering your latest version very soon. Man, top notch!!!! FTW CBDB

Treezybreez

You know what Gordon. Your device is so fucking sweet. I have to say I set aside and had only used it once or twice because I got the akimbo shortly after and was dialing in my rope runner. I also then got the first batch of rrp. The akimbo was way to fussy with different ropes even though I had dialed it in pretty well with fly and drenaline. And I’m not completely satisfied with rrp. So I decided one day to take the cbdb out for some play. I forgot how fucking smooth this thing is. It works great with All of my climbing lines and releasing the friction is a sinch. I will be ordering your latest version very soon. Man, top notch!!!! FTW CBDB
And don't forget, the BDB stops when you want it to. Yesterday, I thought I would try the Akimbo again since I wanted two lines in a tree. Even though I had it dialed in previously, it wouldn't stop me when I needed to stop. Back on the bone and I felt in control. I need to get another one. I'm liking the longer upper friction point, even though it's not adjustable.

Acerxharlowii

And don't forget, the BDB stops when you want it to. Yesterday, I thought I would try the Akimbo again since I wanted two lines in a tree. Even though I had it dialed in previously, it wouldn't stop me when I needed to stop. Back on the bone and I felt in control. I need to get another one. I'm liking the longer upper friction point, even though it's not adjustable.
Yup totally agree. I noticed the same. The akimbo and even rr have a tendency to run a bit on the rope, especially when bombing. I haven’t had that effect with the cbdb.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Dial a rr and all that will go away. Stop on a dime. But I have many many hours on runners. Still mostly a wrench guy. But Ii use my runners a lot lately.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom