Banned by Carl the Lumberjack

evo

It is definitely complicated... but there is a central premise that doesn't change. When it is reasonable, don't pretend that people aren't worth reasoning with.

I am not a pacifist.
I have been a trapper and I still eat a lot of wild game and fish. I am not squeamish. I have gained a fairly level head from training in a combat sport and working in the most exhilarating trade. If someone jumps to violence around me, I would have no qualms about reacting with appropriate force.
None of that is important in our current political climate. There has been some infrequent, organized rabble rousing that was violent, but as a whole we can speak freely to anyone who will listen. Assuming that the necessity of violence will be present doesn't help to get anything positive done.
I kinda agree with you, and I’m going to use some foul language to make my point. I feel comfortable doing so, because this is a personal scenario that has happened many time to me in the past.

10 cars drive by screaming “faggot” at me. 2 of the cars swerve into my foot path making me jump out of the way. 3 cars chuck some sort of hard object head level. Now five of the cars don’t do anything other than yell. It’s violent language which to the person it directed to is used to instigate fear and or terror.
These events would occur on a semi weekly basis. Ironically enough I’m a straight white guy, but have many friends from all walks. I have had friends loose their lives to this kind of behavior and I’ve also had many who were beaten to a pulp in a back ally. I agree that right or wrong there is the freedom of speech. However, when micro aggressions are made, it’s human nature to gang up, and then follows mob mentality. When that occurs simple bigotry name calling can quickly turn violent, even in a pack where the individuals acted beyond their norm.
As in my above example it got the point when I heard someone yell at me, I’d reach for a weapon and be ready. Granted it was closer to 1 in 10 that was beyond words, but I’m not a gambling man. Now I cannot begin to imagine if I were a Minority or actually queer identified.

Now there are also the cases where someone is entirely clueless of the meaning of their words, or it’s so normal in their personal communities they don’t give it a second thought. I’d like to think this is where the vast majority of folks are, and a little direct gentle reasoning is all that it takes in a solid conversation

JeffGu

I believe that the most powerful thing you can do, sometimes, is to have a warped sense of humor in times of adversity or challenge. It's something nearly everyone can understand, and it can disarm them.

Many moons ago, I had some idiot friends who won the Pick Six up in Omaha at the horsetrack, and they invested their winnings (over $100,000) into opening a pizza parlor in Lincoln. They didn't last long... both of them were pretty shady characters with fairly long criminal records and no concept of what constitutes a work ethic. They spent most of their time embezzling from each other. But, when they started out, they asked me to deliver pizzas for them for a few weeks until they could find some actual employees. I reluctantly agreed.

One of their best customers was the entire clientele of a local gay bar, and it didn't bother me to deliver to the place... they were all pretty funny guys, tipped well, and ordered pizzas six at a time. One night, I was joking with them a bit and they apparently were surprised that I didn't treat them any different than anyone else, so they gave me a $20 tip. Now, I gotta admit... getting a $20 tip at a gay bar caught me off guard, and it must have showed on my face, because one of them said, "Don't drop it!" which I nearly did. I immediately said, "Don't worry, if I do, I'm kicking it all the way to my car before I pick it up!"

Probably not the most politically correct thing I ever said, but the following night the same crowd was in there and they had ordered five pizzas and passed an envelope for my tip ($54) and wrote a bunch of hilarious comments on it. None were probably suitable for a family-oriented forum, like this one. I took some ribbing about the good tips from the owners of the pizza parlor and friends, but I still tell the story. Quite frankly, I'm just not too concerned about what other people think. I just hide it well. Right? Ok, maybe not. Every time they'd rib me about it, I'd claim that I'd seen them in there on Tranny Granny Night or out back by the trash dumpster doing the crabwalk and practicing the secret handshake. They gave up on trying to embarass me.

I'm sure there was a point I was trying to make with all that. I'll be go-to-hell if I can remember what it was.

rico

Was just reading the "in the news' thread over at the treehouse... Some racist, homophobic, climate & covid denying, Trumpster is suggesting that we should be killing Bald Eagles ( a federal crime by the way) that are attacking folks pets. K Bing spoke up and Carl the Lumberjack attacked him instead of the fool calling for the killing of Bald Eagles. Carl certainly ain't a lumberjack, but he's definitely an asshole....

They also have some racist sociopathic coward over there who was admitted to killing over 60 dogs, because they have wondered onto his properly. Not a word from Carl the A-Hole....

Last edited:

treegongfu

Rico, Did you read Paul Cox's thread? It is a tragic tale and a testimony to his ability to endure.

Well worth the read.

Lumberjack

...K Bing spoke up and Carl the Lumberjack attacked him...
1623296651439.png
"Attack" :ROFLMAO:

The post I was referring to, that Kevin deleted because it was "unnecessary."
1623296785221.png

You calling me an asshole is laughable... keep up your righteous fight, may it serve you well. Thanks for the traffic!

rico

View attachment 76210
"Attack" :ROFLMAO:

The post I was referring to, that Kevin deleted because it was "unnecessary."
View attachment 76211

You calling me an asshole is laughable... keep up your righteous fight, may it serve you well. Thanks for the traffic!u ask the fella that was advocating for the killing of bald eagles to delete or defends Carl? how about the o
So you labeling one of your forum members post as "liberal thinking" was a term of endearment? Just a little pillow talk Carl?

Curious why you dont ask some of your more conservative forum members to delete or defend when they post blatantly racist and homophobic bullshit Carl. Your bias as a moderator is as clear as the days is long...Your just to fucking cowardly to own it buddy...

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom