Search results

  1. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    He’s gonna use the insurrection act to send troops against the will of the states. Very cute, very fascist. Any libertarians out there still liking the direction we are headed?
  2. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

  3. Stumpsprouts

    I like big butt(ress) and I cannot lie

    I’m in the middle of conducting some independent research right now on trees over 50” DBH, which according to US Forest Service classification denotes “Giant” trees. I’m doing this for clarification on storm survival as it relates to Helene, but also just general biomechanics… and there might be...
  4. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    It’s a loose ideology based on an opposition to fascism. Basically if you love freedom (like I do), you’re anti-fascist. Unless you just want freedom for a certain subset of the population and want to police citizens against having free will and all that cool stuff.
  5. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Sowing discord and mistrust in the medical establishment. A confused public is a weak public. Same with eroding trust in media (which was easy), universities (a little bit of a hard sell), and the government (who trusts the govt anyway). I don’t think maga movies are going to have the same je ne...
  6. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    Clumsy. Would have accepted y’all (I know south of the mason dixon makes me biased towards that), or ‘youse guys’ for the east coastal elites, and many of us would probably have even understood your particular PA local version, ‘yinz’.
  7. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I don’t particularly mourn the guy - he said really terrible things - and he has called for violence against others. For instance, he condoned violence against Nancy Pelosi - a couple days after her husband was attacked viciously with a hammer, he says “By the way, if some amazing patriot out...
  8. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    1.6 B annual aid for Somalia is insaaaaane. That’s like half what Israel gets. Way too much. Everything else about this whatever to me. USA is and always will be a hodgepodge.
  9. Stumpsprouts

    Bandit SG-75

    So great to have you back!
  10. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    I thought you had mistyped $20B instead of $20M. $20B? What planet?? If we fire enough Fed employees maybe we'll finally get someone to cook the books to show a good job report. Cause it ain't gonna happen due to economic policies! And remember, if any of you report unfavorably about the...
  11. Stumpsprouts

    Fu*%face Von Clownstick

    The leaders of China Russia and N Korea are arm in arm at a communist military parade with weapons specifically designed to destroy the US… Meanwhile our administration has declared war against offshore windmills. :boxeador:
  12. Stumpsprouts

    Broken man, extreme burnout

    The hamster wheel, no matter what trade you’re in, is getting less and less appealing when the economy just doesn’t work for most people anymore. They say there’s a problem with general malaise in the work force. It just doesn’t seem worth it a lot of the time, especially when it involves...
  13. Stumpsprouts

    climbing with big saws

    How generous of you. I guess my parent had to die for you to have some semblance of civility. I never meant to derail any discussion. I will absolutely never be talking about this here. It’s ‘snunayabizness, really. Back to something relevant.
  14. Stumpsprouts

    How to keep spikes from coming loose

    I always retighten the bottom strap after stepping heartily on the spar a few times, it settles into the leg a bit after that.
  15. Stumpsprouts

    climbing with big saws

    Heh I thought I deleted that sentence on that post. Oops. Been a rough day. Lost a parent yesterday. Mick I’ll try ears, that sounds fun.
  16. Stumpsprouts

    climbing with big saws

    This is a great tip, if you’re doing a crane job and you’re waiting for the ball to come back, rest it on the top of the spar. That’s typically when I would have a 36” something aloft for more than one cut. In the past I’ve just kept the belt tight on my harness, no suspenders, grinned and...
  17. Stumpsprouts

    Would you climb these dead trees?

    Really glad it worked out. I would look at what others have said about the customer dragging feet in getting this taken care of- and say that the fence might just have to get destroyed. That’s their problem. Glad it worked out but I agree. Like Daniel said, the wood may have been solid but I’m...
  18. Stumpsprouts

    Can trees be too big to cable?

    Cody, this is really a monumental plan. 8 steel cables to install, two cranes, holy moly. And in the end, the storm did the work for free. The best laid plans of mice and men… With 20/20 vision, would you still make the same plan for that tree, or would you consider a somewhat less aggressive...
  19. Stumpsprouts

    Consulting and specifications

    If your job is to consult the project to avoid excess root damage, would you essentially end up blocking the whole project due to the constraints of options? The stick in the mud as it were (literally, sort of). That would increase the budget and timeline but that’s city work for ya isn’t it...
  20. Stumpsprouts

    Can trees be too big to cable?

    as an indirect response, I will say I’m usually trying to look for pruning options to reduce leveraging weight rather than cabling, but still cabling at times. Pruning can be a more permanent long term solution, is how I see it. Live oaks are completely incredible. I visit SC coast in the...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom