Search results

  1. Jehinten

    Avant "Knee"

    Does everyone drive around with their left leg sticking out while operating? I catch myself doing that on a vermeer loader. It could be poor ergonomics of not being fully seated in the machine. I've not ever ran the vermeer all day to have pain. I'm typically on a bobcat mini
  2. Jehinten

    Lightly used 400c

    That's correct. A local dealer pulled up some specs one of my saws for me. Hrs ran, average time ran between shut offs, number of pulls to last start the saw, rpms it's been running at... pretty impressive that it tracks so much. I had no idea until I saw the data
  3. Jehinten

    Need innovative idea for spiraling Christmas lights in taller trees

    Bumping an old thread. We visited these two "magic trees" in Columbia Missouri today. The smaller one had 27,500 lights and the larger sycamore has over 8 miles of Christmas lights.
  4. Jehinten

    Lucky Garage Moments

    I didnt check the gauge but probably around 90 psi. The air gun i used probably limited the psi actually going in the can. It has additional holes near the tip to increase the amount of air flow. Although when pressed against the can would allow excess pressure to blow out. It didnt...
  5. Jehinten

    Lucky Garage Moments

    I thought I'd add this here, maybe it belongs in tips and tricks. I found that if you have a can of spray that runs out of propellent you can remove the nozzle and recharge it with an air gun. I've thrown so many cans of pb and wd40 away that would no longer spray. The other day I was using...
  6. Jehinten

    Throw bag-line accuracy issues

    As for hitting the perfect tie in, or settling for something more easily obtainable; you can do both. If you hit a usable anchor, leave that throwline in and grab a second setup and try for the ideal spot a few more times without the pressure, knowing you have a backup spot. Throwballs...
  7. Jehinten

    Throw bag-line accuracy issues

    I'm not sure if it helps, but I skip the knot. I throw right handed but I hold a lot of the tension with my left hand. My right hand can avoid gripping it so tightly and is almost a redirect and pendulum creator. If your too close to the tree it can cause you to want to release late for a...
  8. Jehinten

    Throw bag-line accuracy issues

    Coats in this weather effect me negatively too. I have to take mine off no matter how cold to do a decent throw. A hoodie doesn't bother me. The type and aize of throwline makes a difference too. I struggle to throw one that's too thin accurately. Is the late release due to trying to...
  9. Jehinten

    more fun with knucklebooms

    I found this on Google, probably should have started my search there, from NJ crane experts. It sounds like you do similar, except without the tie in sling, you run your climb line through the oval directly where their shackle is shown?
  10. Jehinten

    more fun with knucklebooms

    What is everyone's preferred tie in on a knuckleboom (locationon the boom)? I'm used to using the pictured tie in wrapped around the cable above the ball. The boom is the PK63. I'd prefer to use the same tie in sling, but I'll buy a different one for this crane if needed. Do you change...
  11. Jehinten

    Today....

    We haven't short jacked this one yet, but its been rock steady so far working in any direction off of the truck.
  12. Jehinten

    Today....

    Yes. Some of this is due to the stick crane works off of the back of the truck and this knuckle works off of the front of the truck. The front stabalizers on the knuckleboom set at the width of the truck and the rear outriggers of the stick crane are nearly 40 feet wide. Allowing us to set up...
  13. Jehinten

    Today....

    Cool. It's been a great truck so far (granted only 2 weeks so far) it had some bad luck on the drive here, but nothing that could have been avoided. Just a normal break down that probably was never an issue before the sale. He has also answered every phone call that my operator has had...
  14. Jehinten

    Today....

    I know he will get much faster at it, but the first job we did on Monday, I believe would have been faster with his 50 ton stick crane. That said, I don't think that crane would have gotten level where we had to set up. But it was a tall Oak with a good reach over the house. And over 110°...
  15. Jehinten

    Today....

    Yes he did. He's owned it for just two weeks now. The FB profile that he bought it from is David Treeman. I'm not sure if thats actually his last name.
  16. Jehinten

    more fun with knucklebooms

    Try cropping your pictures a little, it's an extra step, but that works for me on my phone.
  17. Jehinten

    Reputable chainsaw tuner

    I had a 261 modded by mastermind work saws. Awesome little saw that everyone liked running. Sadly a couple of years later it started melting pistons and the local saw shop couldn't figure out why. I'm certain Randy would have looked it over for me, but by that time the saw didn't owe me...
  18. Jehinten

    Today....

    A couple of easy setups for multiple easy trees today, followed by a tight setup for a single limb. The apartment complex chose not to have the parking spaces cleared that we needed, so we went up and over the three story building using a few spaces that happened to be empty.
  19. Jehinten

    Fixing old arbortech toolboxes ( L pack style)

    Check your local fb marketplace. I've seen steel sheeting on there before for a discount. It may have surface rust, but it's not bad to clean up where you need to weld. You might find a welder there too for cheaper than list price. Since you're new to welding, avoid any galvanized steel...
  20. Jehinten

    Tree related work you shouldn't need insurance for?

    There is plenty of risk while working on the ground. Felling trees, hangers falling while working near trees, property damage due to equipment, bodily injury while running equipment, and people are injured with log splitters quite often. I know of two injuries off hand involving operating a...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom