Just to make a point. Don't sacrifice the safety of using a crane in this instance because of the cost. Just add it into the quote and continue on.
Typically we use the crane to do the untangling. Where your tree is making contact, tie it off to the standing tree then crane picks down to...
Thanks for that reply and not defensive at all. I haven't seen it on socials so this is the only look at that I've had. The robust design screamed rigging to me, hence the question in rope diameter and consideration of efficiency for higher loads. I personally only doubled rope climb on...
First impressions, it looks robust, but the sheeve diameter looks a little small. Does the sheeve size affect its efficiency? What is the max rope diameter?
I imagine CMI is a great company to work with. I just contacted them this morning regarding my ropejack that I admitted to...
At one point my 3/4 dead eye sling had broken. Until I replaced it I took a length of 1/2 true blue and doubled it. Do a girth hitch to the porty in the middle, then use both legs to do a timber hitch or cow hitch.
It's a little messy right now, but I have a workbench with vice (this one is temporary and will be replaced once the permanent one comes back from being planed at a woodworking shop) chain and 2 cycle oil storage, a microwave for hot lunches.
Mini skid storage, axe and pole storage, bmg rake...
I do not, but I can get that answer for you tomorrow.
Yes this setup has been working great. The trailer carries every tool I need. Everything to and from the job in one trip.
This is my current setup, I cannot specifically answer all of your questions as this is my first cdl truck.
From my experience, the ride in the truck is fine although suspension type will likely play a bigger role than number of solid axles. Mine is spring suspension without airbags. When...
Today's job was end weight reduction, primarily over the home, of this large red Oak. Lots of leap froging mats today and squeezing the 70' lift into some tight spots. This tree has a large split down the middle and several cables throughout.
I like that idea enough that I went out and bought this one for $175, I'll probably have another $200 in an attachment plate and hose couplers.
Do you ever wish you had the headlights on yours, or are you glad they are out of the way for visibility? I haven't yet decided to shed the weight...
Thank you both of you for your insight. I knocked it out today with no issues. It hinged well, but is definitely a soft wood. Temps was about 50° today, so no frozen trees today.
Thanks, guys. I figured as much. This is my first winter with a tracked mini. My previous mini had wheels, and I never had this issue. Although that's partially because it would just get stuck in the mud long before anything would build up in its wheels.
We've had some fluctuating temperatures this winter (7° two days ago and a high of 45° today) and it's led to mud building up in the tracks at the shop on warmer days, then it's freezing solid on cold mornings.
One day it caused the track idlers to freeze and that put the tracks in a bind...
I've got a Buckeye tree to remove with some backlean and limb weight over a fence and deck, and near a home. It's not a large tree and I have plenty of pulling power to overcome the lean, but I'm not sure I've ever felled a Buckeye before.
What kind of hinge wood should I expect at the...