Search results

  1. D

    Today....

    Home from Tx where I whacked those Siberian elms while there for the holidays. 1800mi round trip 3x because FIL passed in October. Good cloud show most of the way. Luckily only sprinkles on our luggage, gifts, and saws…winter is finally here (jacket weather). Reckon I’ll spend tomorrow with the...
  2. D

    Hollow codominant

    I think these maybe get too much water but mostly they have had too large of stems removed that didn’t heal over and those become rotten and hollow, often down into the trunk. That being said, the percentage of hollow was small, but still significant. Almost all of them broke on impact in some...
  3. D

    Hollow codominant

    I don’t have a good enough WiFi connection to upload to YT but IG works
  4. D

    Hollow codominant

    I always have all my gear. I learned some stuff from a pro hazard faller a while back. One thing was on sketchy trees, start with the top angled cut of a conventional first, and very shallow and close to vertical angle. Inspect and repeat. This gives a sample of the wood as you progress...
  5. D

    Hollow codominant

    What’s your favorite tree assessment checklist? Or a few that are memorizable?
  6. D

    Hollow codominant

    Yeah, I could tell it was hollow as soon as I got half way around. Problem was my brain said, “Ok, hollow, faster cutting”, instead of, “Danger, Will Robinson”.
  7. D

    Work Photos

    I ran across a guy in Fla on FB who uses a large articulated loader for bigger stuff as the articulated setup is easier on the grass, etc. Both of my teles (this cat isn’t mine) are older 8ks and we got good to almost free deals on them. I’d be afraid to know how much that brand new CAT cost.
  8. D

    Work Photos

    I love mine. Get a 10k, stabilizers and about 50’ Hard part is moving it around
  9. D

    Work Photos

    Close. Little short of course. Had to drag them from the other side of the island and then re rig shorter If I’d had my winch to drag, would have been a lot faster.
  10. D

    Work Photos

  11. D

    Work Photos

    That’s the plan.
  12. D

    Hollow codominant

    Hollow is usually the result of an unhealed too-large stem removal. Another one : I bore cut it through the face for grins and it was somewhat hollow/rotten. Could have collapsed on me if the back wood was compromised, dummy.
  13. D

    Hollow codominant

    Yes, on these sketchy boogers. Siberian elms again. The hollow plus codominant didn’t click as soon as it should have though. Should have just cut the stems off with their lean.
  14. D

    Work Photos

  15. D

    Today....

    Early Christmas First rope Learning knots
  16. D

    Work Photos

    Like a video game final level Cross the rotten rusted out bridge and fell all the trees on the island, not in the water Fun puzzle
  17. D

    Work Photos

    More Siberian elm golfing
  18. D

    Hollow codominant

    Head (eyes) and head (mind) on a swivel… I’m lucky it didn’t split til it landed
  19. D

    Tree oddities

    Not the first time I gotta quit abbreviating that
  20. D

    WTB logger’s belt, suspenders, tool or axe pouch

    @Neill i got some for ya

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom