Search results

  1. G

    Food Thread

    Interesting !
  2. G

    Songs of Perfection

    WOW !
  3. G

    Food Thread

    Pizza Loaded w/ Sausage Rev: 240928 1510 Crust – par-baked Havarti cheese – base layer, baked & cooled Zesty Pork Sausage – 1 lb; rolled disc to cover crust & Havarti Marinara sauce Red onion strips Shitake mushrooms Cheddar cheese – extra sharp Bake 350°F for 20 min.
  4. G

    Bjarne’s power wedge

    Update on Estwing Hammer Face Flatness: (FYI) Back in ~ late 1980’s, I bought an Estwing Drilling/Crack Hammer - 3-Pound Sledge. It does indeed have a slightly rounded contact surface for contact. The recently purchased “Fireside Friend” surface is flat.
  5. G

    Scissors

    There are several threads available here on TB if you go the the "search" function: e.g. http://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/what-are-the-best-scissors.26528/#post-371041
  6. G

    Introducing myself

    @Suuz - Welcome. My younger brother was a true "chef" in Amsterdam for 30 years. Among his last jobs was in the executive dinning room at Royal Dutch Shell !
  7. G

    Food Thread

    Rohan Duck Breast – reverse seared (Duck from D’Artagnan.com; Sous Vide 135°F for 3 hrs to med-rare; Seared on Stove-top for crisp skin) Potato – twice baked (French Dip sour cream; Extra sharp Cheddar cheese; Louisiana Hot sauce; salt & pepper) Spinach – baby leaf, steamed w/ butter...
  8. G

    Dawn Redwoods w/ Japanese Beetles

    This sounds hopeless !
  9. G

    Dawn Redwoods w/ Japanese Beetles

    That is MUCH broader canopy than my 55 ft tree shape ! ! ! I do not see opposing branch structure of a Dawn Redwood ???.
  10. G

    Bjarne’s power wedge

    @Treezybreez Two follow ups: 1. Estwing may have changed the design of the “Fireside Friend”. The head on mine has a totally flat, round 1-3/8” surface; the outside edges & corners are rounded. I asked the question about the grip because I thought you might be referring to the handle grip. I...
  11. G

    Dawn Redwoods w/ Japanese Beetles

    Yes. Lure & Trap instructions say 30 ft from tree. My 2 traps were ~ 20 ft away. Next year I'm going to use 4 Traps for 2 small trees, even before they show up. ~ End of May 2025. The beetles aren't supposed to attack Dawn Redwoods; but they like the new little 2 trees (5 - 6 ft high). They...
  12. G

    Dawn Redwoods w/ Japanese Beetles

    I have thought about that. Thanks. I have 2 acres of grass to treat. My current plan is to used next year (lure & trap; plus Sevin) to interrupt the mating cycle for elimination the following years.
  13. G

    Dawn Redwoods w/ Japanese Beetles

    UpDate on my Japanese Beetles on Young Dawn Redwoods: In June, I covered young trees # 2 & 3 (5 – 6 ft tall) with insect netting. It worked very well to keep the beetles off the foliage. But there were still LOTS of beetles in the area. In late June, I installed 2 “Lure & Traps”. These worked...
  14. G

    Bjarne’s power wedge

    @Treezybreez - What do you mean "has no grip" ?
  15. G

    Bjarne’s power wedge

    Just bought one to try.
  16. G

    Bjarne’s power wedge

    Now at 75 years old, I'm more of a fire wood cutter, than a faller or a climber ! :)
  17. G

    Bjarne’s power wedge

    No need for "Pocket Wedges" ? Originally designed by Odis Sisk; Later modified & sold by Notch.
  18. G

    Evergreen Conifer w/ Purple Cones – Not Korean Fir ?

    I just rechecked & there are no new cones this year. All the cones are from last year. Seems very strange ! ?
  19. G

    Evergreen Conifer w/ Purple Cones – Not Korean Fir ?

    These cones stayed purple all LAST summer. I'm surprised that they have still not dropped.
  20. G

    Evergreen Conifer w/ Purple Cones – Not Korean Fir ?

    What is this: Evergreen Conifer w/ Purple Cones – Not Korean Fir ? My neighbor planted this several years ago, NE Ohio; but does not remember what it is. Today it is ~ 9 ft tall. Last year it had very purple cones during the growing season. It does not appear to be a Korean Fir which has cones...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom