Search results

  1. atreeperson

    Getting a tree to drift during fall by thinning the hinge.

    A PNW faller I worked with said his old time mentor made him back cut his first several trees with a misery whip/crosscut saw. All simple up and down Dougs, to watch how taking material of the back of the hinge moves the tree. The old-timer thought chainsaws cut too fast for new fallers to...
  2. atreeperson

    White pine issues

    No useful insight other than I've noticed clustered top down decline that's v dramatic in a few places
  3. atreeperson

    GRCS mounting mod

    This is unrelated to the GRCS, but Tom's question reminded me that we've had great success ratchet strapping small logs/brush around keeper trees next to skid or winch paths- Also, this mod looks sweet!
  4. atreeperson

    The latest Matt Cornell harness

    I don't get the use of the soft shackles where you have them, wouldn't a loop do the same there? You could spice an integrated soft shackle for the leg loops to act like a buckle too!
  5. atreeperson

    Foot shaped boots (Non-Barefoot)

    Derail from the thread but I'm in the market for a 261cm with heated handles, which I've heard can be had on your side of the imaginary line? I'd meet ya in Houlton or Calais/ St Stephen later this summer to swap
  6. atreeperson

    The latest Matt Cornell harness

    Looks sweet!
  7. atreeperson

    Today....

    Maybe I already mentioned this but check out the video Climbing Arborist did on YouTube about the ISC triple snap failing open. It happened to me a few times and I just haven't trusted mine since
  8. atreeperson

    One liners, deep thoughts, random notions etc...

    When we nail a felling shot or do something sweet "it's good to be good!" When something goes wrong but nothing gets broken "It's good to be good, better to be lucky!"
  9. atreeperson

    Foot shaped boots (Non-Barefoot)

    I think I've mentioned in other threads, I broke a toe a few years ago, and all the hiking boots I used to love are torture to wear. I've gone to foot shaped sneakers like Altra brand stuff, not a huge fan of barefoot stuff cause I still want some cushion Has anyone found good foot shaped...
  10. atreeperson

    Echo 2500T long term review

    As someone who gets frustrated easily matching part numbers, is there any north American supplier that is doing the 2500 1/4" conversion kit all in one place?
  11. atreeperson

    PCW4000 - Portable Winch with clutch

    Also, IMO a 2:1whip tackle is way better for pulling heavy even if it's still close to the single line pull ability- Pulling heavy on single leg has a real surging/stop and go thing as the line stretches then pulls- when the stops happen the load is way more likely to fetch up. Whip tackle...
  12. atreeperson

    PCW4000 - Portable Winch with clutch

    That looks sweet! My 2 frustrations with my pcw5000 are oil sensor shutoff from tipping and no progress capture The specs are claiming same pull as the pcw5000, so I'd definitely get thie one you're looking at if I were buying today
  13. atreeperson

    Reductions.. is 10% too much?

    It's definitely retrenchment, mostly posted as a joke pointing to what Mick said above
  14. atreeperson

    ISO - good company in the mid south / northeast?

    Id look at Harrison Mcphee in MA and northeast shade tree in NH
  15. atreeperson

    Reductions.. is 10% too much?

    Different spp back east but the strategy "save the stems, no one looks up" has been working on Boston common
  16. atreeperson

    Looking for a used handle/scabbard for a practice handsaw for comps!

    I made this good enough handle for a tsurugi blade out of homemade sugru https://www.instructables.com/Home-Made-Sugru/ This just goes on canoe camping trips so it has light use, but has held up just fine- Only thing I'd do differently is make it thicker. Bet it works fine on a zubat blade too
  17. atreeperson

    Ground retrievable canopy anchor

    Built like a tank w retrieval ring on a burly tenex Prussic iirc, pretty sure the video is still up
  18. atreeperson

    Lubrication Conversation

    My old VW TDIs get low 40son bio and around 45-50 on dino. That prob translates to 8 instead of 9mpg in the 7.3 although we didn't measure carefully. Updates in the spring hopefully
  19. atreeperson

    Maitake rot in red oak

    Also, @moss would love the mushroom Jerky recipe if to got it!
  20. atreeperson

    Manchester NH arb supplier

    Do they carry fiberglass poles?

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom