Search results

  1. Muggs

    ISA email dump

    I did too and I've been out of the CA program for years
  2. Muggs

    Working in Smoke

    In the 90's I did paving stone. We used to cut all those retaining wall stones with the concrete saw without masks or anything. We died like men.
  3. Muggs

    Working in Smoke

    Storm Trooper
  4. Muggs

    Songs of Perfection

  5. Muggs

    Work Photos

    Can you show or explain this trick, I'm having trouble visualizing it
  6. Muggs

    Money & Time

    I too have no retirement in sight. I do not seek a life of leisure. Work gives me purpose and identity. You die when you stop moving.
  7. Muggs

    Money & Time

    He's in his 80's, still working out. I was talking to him about exercise for climbers a few months back. What a legend. This is his weight room:
  8. Muggs

    Money & Time

    Charly Pottorff. Good guy, I've talked to him a few times.
  9. Muggs

    Arbor trolley

    Taxation is easily, far and away, not even close, the largest single category of theft in the USA.
  10. Muggs

    New HitchHikerXF

    It's perfect for rec climbing and work, no different. I just prefer suspenders on my work saddle so I run a chest tether off of them. I like the simplest chest thing possible when I take people on a rec climb so that's where my brain goes when I see this one.
  11. Muggs

    New HitchHikerXF

    That's what you were wearing at TCIA when we talked Richard. I really like that setup, ultra simplistic, perfect for rec climbing. Does anyone know of any stories of actual climbers who got hurt from a neck tether?
  12. Muggs

    Has EAB arrived on the west coast now?

    I'm an hour and a half east of Detroit and our ash were wiped out long ago. Took down the last dead one on my property 10 years ago. We were treating with that neem oil stuff, Treeazin. Seemed to work for a while, until it didn't. I hope there's better stuff available nowadays, I stopped...
  13. Muggs

    XM

    Stereo is no more in my 96 F250 so I attached a USB speaker to the visor. There's a huge underground market for nerdy techs to customize all of the needless electronics in modern vehicles eh
  14. Muggs

    New device from buckingham

    Saw this today, says available end of July. This one looks even more like a Bulldog Bone than the original. Almost looks like an elongated cam on top...
  15. Muggs

    Burning out

    10 years ago I sold half my business to a friend who was good with people. He does all of the front facing customer stuff - calls and emails, quotes, scheduling, follow-up, etc. and I do all the tree work. I'm convinced that tree work is the easy part, people are the hard part. I wouldn't be in...
  16. Muggs

    Flint locker retrieval

    That's a blast from the past for me, haven't used that thing a real long time. Went back to basal anchors and ddrt up top. Simple.
  17. Muggs

    Burning out

    I have not found Gerber's books apply well to our industry. Most of the work we do is far too highly technical/specialized/dangerous to think about people in terms of replaceable cogs in a wheel. It takes a special kind of person to go up in the air and get this work done. You can bring all the...
  18. Muggs

    Today....

    Tuesday
  19. Muggs

    Today....

    You can have amazing adventures in beeches
  20. Muggs

    ART BlackBird for "MRT and SRT"

    I just always think of sitback like a guitar string, where you can only approach your target from the one direction. With strings, that direction is moving up, tightening - if you tighten up too much then you have to go back down and approach it again on the way up. With ropes, that direction is...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom