Search results

  1. Muggs

    WTB - CMI trolley

    Looking for an old CMI Rigging Trolley that is no longer being used that someone might be willing to part with. Thanks.
  2. Muggs

    AI affect on arborculture

    Climbing trees as a profession is not going to fizzle out any time soon. AI-powered robotic climbing monkeys with chainsaw arms might sound cool to some, but there's just not enough money in tree work to justify the development. You don't spend 20 dollars to solve a 6 dollar problem.
  3. Muggs

    Nerd Alert

    "A strange thing, the butter warmer. We have that. We were cold, man originally was cold so he built a house, hot box to live in, warm box, live inside the warm box, pretty cold out here, warm inside the warm box. Everything was nice until he realized the meat didn’t keep in the warm box. So, he...
  4. Muggs

    Nerd Alert

    Crafting a mill shaft from an oak log by hand
  5. Muggs

    Throw bag-line accuracy issues

    Ropewalk for show, throwball for dough.
  6. Muggs

    Throw bag-line accuracy issues

    I can't throw very well with a helmet on, that always comes off first. After about 5 throws from one spot at a certain target, if it's not going well, I will switch to a different target from a different spot, when possible. Visualization and consistency of technique. It's definitely a mental...
  7. Muggs

    Nerd Alert

    Think I had the Fostex XR5, got it in '96. Cool tech at the time. I'm on an old Yamaha acoustic, strung with nylon. I was a Strat guy when I was younger, but now the Tele seems cooler for some reason. Maybe someday...
  8. Muggs

    Where do you start training a new climber?

    Sorry for the derail, but I remember on Tim Ferriss's TV show he showed replacing your shoe laces with paracord because it could be very useful in certain situations, one of which he showed was using them to get out of ziptie handcuffs. I'm now adding footloop prusik to that list.
  9. Muggs

    Nerd Alert

    Yeah I play guitar. I had a sweet Fostex 4-track recorder in high school, only got rid of it a couple years ago. I learned to play through church songs, simple 1, 4, 5, minor 3rd. So much popular music is that. I still call them church songs.
  10. Muggs

    Nerd Alert

    "Was she told when she was young that pain would lead to pleasure? Did she understand it when they said, That a man must break his back to earn his day of leisure? Will she still believe it when he's dead?" — John
  11. Muggs

    Nerd Alert

    Rubber Soul was always my favorite album, an impossible choice to make. They finished the transition from pop to rock icons that started in Help!. Fantastic song structure, chord voicings, melody, harmony, lyrics, the whole package. Rick Beato has a good ear for those arpeggios. Rubber Soul is...
  12. Muggs

    ISA Webpage

    The ISA is a racket. I let mine expire years ago and I don't miss it.
  13. Muggs

    New CMI Pulley

    Do they treat you like children with everything or just with knots?
  14. Muggs

    New CMI Pulley

    Knotless for life support eh. What does that even mean?
  15. Muggs

    New RopeRunner?!?

    Having never brought a climbing product to market myself, please don't take my comments from the sidelines too seriously. Also, while I have experience with both older runners, I have not touched a Vertec. But my thinking is that perhaps testing out a product designed for the masses by handing...
  16. Muggs

    Communication system recommendations?

    Hand signals. Smoke signals. Mostly I just yell.
  17. Muggs

    Today....

    Customer today is 74 years old. He's Russian, a former tank commander in the military. Watched me the whole time I was in the tree. I get down out of the tree, he brings me over to the overhead bar in his backyard, asks me if I do pullups. I jump up and squeeze out 8 reps. He hops up and does...
  18. Muggs

    Skylining micro-chipper into forested work site...ideas.

    From a post of his from Sep 2019, 3500lbs moved 250 ft through the woods. Million dollars worth of rigging hardware (adjusted for inflation) to create a multi-purchase reeve system.
  19. Muggs

    Skylining micro-chipper into forested work site...ideas.

    John Lloyd in the UK did this a few years ago, I'll try to find some pictures

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom