Search results

  1. Muggs

    Courant kanopa splice

    I love Courant ropes, but keeping their splice instructions behind a paywall is double-dipping at its worst.
  2. Muggs

    Google “TreeBuzz”

    Yeah, I haven't used Google search for anything in a very, very long time
  3. Muggs

    ISC Nessie

    I'm weird that way, I've climbed my whole career without clipping up either end of my lanyard, I just let both ends dangle. Rarely an issue. If I feel the need to move the tail or hang it up then I do that, but it's not an ideology for me to constantly be thinking about dealing with the lanyard...
  4. Muggs

    CEO murder... somethings not right

    "The hand of Vengeance found the bed To which the Purple Tyrant fled; The iron hand crush'd the Tyrant's head And became a Tyrant in his stead." - William Blake
  5. Muggs

    ISC Nessie

    I've never ever tried to manage my lanyard tail, always just let 'er hang. It's fine, no different than the tail of my climb line. Never understood the obsession people have with looping and clipping the lanyard tail up, extra work for what benefit?
  6. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    Nick, my real question was: is there any strength advantage with an ultra-sling over a deadeye, since the ultra is spliced in the middle of the rope?
  7. Muggs

    Failed White Pine rigging

    Buckingham. Says he hadn't used it in years before this...
  8. Muggs

    What's the point of side cuts made after face cut?

    More common in Europe. Cut the flare off so it's easier to see your cuts, and get it done with a shorter bar.
  9. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    That's what I thought
  10. Muggs

    Failed White Pine rigging

    It's a Buckingham Magblock. He used the thin line to separate the two magnets at the end
  11. Muggs

    Failed White Pine rigging

    This is my friend Mark Gaudet rigging out a failed white pine. Great rigging plan on this one, check it out.
  12. Muggs

    Trying out my mini-wrench hook combo

    Yes indeed, I've been on the same setup for a couple years, love it. HitchHiker is perfect for a hook line eh. Started with 30ft line, moved to 60ft later. Only difference is I attach with a crab so I can tie-in and use the line for working once I get over to the new position. I recently seem...
  13. Muggs

    T542i advice for longer and better using

    I've never greased. Never even heard of it before this thread.
  14. Muggs

    T542i advice for longer and better using

    That's how chiropractors work, or so I'm told. Once you start going you have to keep going back. That's why I've never gone to one...
  15. Muggs

    T542i advice for longer and better using

    I took the clutch off mine. Just put a ratchet and socket (forget the size, maybe 5 mm?) on there, and then tap a flat screwdriver on the mark to loosen the clutch, comes right off easy.
  16. Muggs

    T542i advice for longer and better using

    I've gone through a couple QC500's that just died. First one was covered by Husky
  17. Muggs

    Work Photos

    That's my throwball stick, had it since 2012. Red oak
  18. Muggs

    Work Photos

    Zeppelin bend stick trick, engaged
  19. Muggs

    Bulldog Bone (Sold)

    More info on the bone:

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom