Search results

  1. moss

    How brainwashed are you?

    I find this extreme conspiracy ecosystem interesting. The interviewer was clearly frustrated that he couldn't get the guy to directly answer questions like "Who is behind this", and "Well... could you tell me who's is doing this?", and same question rephrased different ways multiple times. In...
  2. moss

    How brainwashed are you?

    Ok, I gave in and watched a few minutes, oh shiite! This guy can spew, and his true skill is inserting occassional "resonant truths" to attempt legitimizing his concepts. ANSI standards have nothing to with anything he talked about. ANSI standards for tech are very boring and they don't...
  3. moss

    How brainwashed are you?

    Where have you been, "retarded" is such a regressive term.
  4. moss

    How brainwashed are you?

    It's already over, AI has infiltrated everything. Any text content, photo or video now has to be ruled out as AI created. There is no grounding in "truth" in popular or "fringe" media. It's pretty funny though (laughing in the graveyard) because if a person is an expert in a particular topic...
  5. moss

    Little trick passing a natural redirect

    Ha! Yes. That’s pretty funny. -AJ
  6. moss

    Little trick passing a natural redirect

    The way I look at it is there are two basic modes for any life support attachments for tree climbers and it's the same for rigging wood of course. Mode 1: Dynamic The potential for dynamic loading (climber fall could happen). Climber is in motion on the anchor. Mode 2: Static Static loading...
  7. moss

    Little trick passing a natural redirect

    Aha, I've been hearing various people mention the CT Cric, cool. Faster on/off then a hitch, no strain releasing like a hitch can give you. Excellent rescue functionality etc etc. Cam pull cord is good. -AJ
  8. moss

    Little trick passing a natural redirect

    That's good! Which rope clamp/pulley is that? Not a Roll n' Lock, Not a Camp Solo 2 as far as I can tell. Key feature is it looks pretty easy off after the redirect is loaded. Some amount of unloading is required to release the cam, yes? It would be a magic trick otherwise ;-) -AJ
  9. moss

    How brainwashed are you?

    Sorry about that @rico
  10. moss

    How brainwashed are you?

    Always be suspicious of anyone promoting their ideas with total and all encompassing confidence. Add some derision too... "fucking retarded" and it makes the viewer feel humiliated if they attempt to weigh any of it in their own mind. Seriously, that is a terrible/condescending way to make an...
  11. moss

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    I put a new climber on rope and cooked Thanksgiving breakfast. Coffee and blueberry pancakes for the climbers up in a nice woods red oak, I was "climb ready/harness on" but stayed on the ground. Everything fit on my 2-wheel cart, flipped the cart for a kitchen counter. Stove is perched up on a...
  12. moss

    Where do you start training a new climber?

    I'm not actively teaching new climbers as I used to. I used to climb rope wrench when I had them on a Blake's system. Some might say "eat your own dogfood", ie: if you're teaching Blake's, climb Blake's. Reason I haven't is I want quick mobility and full access across the entire crown especially...
  13. moss

    Line launcher

    International Champ Largest Tree Climber Throw Weight! I like it. Especially with the eagle in there ;-) -AJ
  14. moss

    Line launcher

    Yes, getting the bag to drop is the first order of business. Can't always happen especially if I just threw into a big conifer and through a couple other trees, have to bring the bag back until it will drop. It's often a blind "by feel' operation. At first opportunity I'll put a 12 oz bag on the...
  15. moss

    A love letter to climbing trees for the serious fun of it...

    Sitting up in a tree with friends leads to great conversations. One thing leads to another, the experience is fully 3-dimensional in thought, time and space ;-) -AJ
  16. moss

    Line launcher

    I climb in so many different contexts, for so many different reasons, pulling the bag back from a big slingshot throw to a point where I can work with it works well for me. Finesse in everything, whatever works best for an individual climber is best for sure! -AJ
  17. moss

    Line launcher

    On a recent job I created a high rigging point (80') on a big pine to support a tree I was removing off a roof. It took me 3 slingshot throws to put the ace in the hole. First shot was 1' too low, second shot was correct height but a foot or so to the side and deflected off the trunk. Third shot...
  18. moss

    Line launcher

    It's that weird and challenging artillery problem where the charge (PSI level) will create a more or less arcing throw per height and angle. The engineering and build to have the laser pointer automatically adjust per PSI level would cost quite a bit more than the spud gun no doubt. For tree...
  19. moss

    Line launcher

    In the demo vid placing the line in a tower the operator throws up a line snarl. Goes with the territory, no fault of the gun ;-) The ball valve is a kind of safety feature I suppose since it requires a deliberate slow pull to maintain good aim. Some form of trigger release that doesn't violate...
  20. moss

    Squirrel Damage

    Yes, that needs to be ruled out. It's interesting, it is vaccine based. For example the mouse and rat birth control vaccine does not effect squirrels. -AJ

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom