I thunk there is another part to the tester thing which was mentioned before, which is that often these new devices are given to climbers with phenomenal skills, who automatically compensate for deficits or variables. They also often have unique styles. Average climbers make great testers...
Well the one that comes to mind is the triple snap that failed to close. Sort of a well known video from Climbing Arborist. Also the Ultralink, I could not get my recall processed so I still have an original pre-recall sitting at home. I emailed and got no response. Those two jump to mind...
ISC has a history of not admitting that a problem is a problem. They can kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. There is not enough performance difference between a Reflex and any of the other good devices out there to make it worth dealing with their BS.
We have completely stopped using the SENAs we have. The tiny little wires are always getting pulled out and they are all in some state of not working. Very annoying.
Yeah my first thought is figure out what kind of beer he likes and then buy something locally brewed for him. Might as well support a local business at the same time and triangulate this barter situation
@Matias glad it wasn't worse. When I was in my early 30s I decided that whenever something bad happened to me, I would think about how much worse it could have been and then consider myself lucky, because truthfully you will never know. It is sort of like doing end weight reduction and cabling...