What's this scam?

I've received these messages before via text message. I usually dismiss them but one individual hounded me so I told them a ridiculous price of $2000 to remove the small plum tree located at the random address they gave me. I told them I would only accept payment up front...I was hoping this would detour them but they actually sent me a cashier's check for $7500. I questioned the individual on the amount sent and he proceeded to tell me that he owed the homeowner $5500 and that I needed to deposit the check, keep $2000, and pay the rest to the homeowner. I left it alone and shredded the check. Not too sure what the deal was or what they were trying to accomplish...

owScott

I've received these messages before via text message. I usually dismiss them but one individual hounded me so I told them a ridiculous price of $2000 to remove the small plum tree located at the random address they gave me. I told them I would only accept payment up front...I was hoping this would detour them but they actually sent me a cashier's check for $7500. I questioned the individual on the amount sent and he proceeded to tell me that he owed the homeowner $5500 and that I needed to deposit the check, keep $2000, and pay the rest to the homeowner. I left it alone and shredded the check. Not too sure what the deal was or what they were trying to accomplish...
Yeah i get these all the time, i just delete them now and dont give them another second of my time. It is tempting to respond sometimes to mess with these idiots but that just creates more frustration in the end. I view this crap as part of doing business like equipment failure and deal with it as quickly as possible and move on. Scams and never ending sales people trying to sell me crap comes with the business.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom