Tree stuffs dragonfly splice they sent me..

Christrees

Dragonfly is the same as fl and firefly, just a different color. That splice is why Tachyon (lava and other colors) was created. Similar construction yet cleaner splice. They are not exactly the same though.
Yeah i definitely like tachyon alot.. ive got 400ft of tachyon ash right now. But i got the salmon color because i got a good deal on it. Shit it gets dirty and you barley notice its pink. Hahaha

Phil

Unfortunately, that is the official splice for Dragonfly. It is the only approved splice for Dragonfly,
I literally just posted to the splice forum looking for instructions for this splice. A buddy of mine wants me to splice his line. I looked over the instructions and told him it was gonna be ugly haha. My plan is to do a normal whip in the throat and then use heat shrink to cover the unburried cover and whipping. I'm hoping it'll have a shape like a sewn eye. Haven't splice fly before so we'll see.

Christrees

I literally just posted to the splice forum looking for instructions for this splice. A buddy of mine wants me to splice his line. I looked over the instructions and told him it was gonna be ugly haha. My plan is to do a normal whip in the throat and then use heat shrink to cover the unburried cover and whipping. I'm hoping it'll have a shape like a sewn eye. Haven't splice fly before so we'll see.
Yeah definitely ugly looking...and thats professional done. But if you have splicing experience and you warned him. You can probably do it. Watch it turn out better than what i got from treestuff. Hahaha. That would be funny. But id be pissed. Hahaha

Reactions: ATH

DSMc

Though it may be the recommend way of splicing this rope, I would personally not use it. Especially for tree work.

A knot can be a strong and simple solution.

Phil

Though it may be the recommend way of splicing this rope, I would personally not use it. Especially for tree work.

A knot can be a strong and simple solution.
In this case I totally agree. I have fly line for a couple lanyards and it's made with Poachers knots. No intention of splicing them.

I just started splicing dbl braids and tachyon a few months ago and really enjoy it so we're gonna give my buddies fly a go. If we don't like it, it's just gonna get cut off. I want the experience if nothing else.

Christrees

This splice was tough. I would love to see a professional spliced do this one. It's not as ugly as I thought it would be. Once the heat shrink is on it'll only have a little bump for the cover bit below the whipping. Linking my post from my splice thread about my buddies fly line:

Post in thread 'Fly line eye splice' https://www.treebuzz.com/forum/threads/fly-line-eye-splice.44326/post-672285
Oh wow..what you have done so far looks good. I dont know anything really about splicing. I want to learn but haven't yet. But from your post seems like you have a bit more to do. Good luck. Looks great to me so far.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom