Tree stuffs dragonfly splice they sent me..

Reach

Unfortunately, that is the official splice for Dragonfly. It is the only approved splice for Dragonfly, according to Gap Arborist.

Funny story, I have had a hank of Dragonfly sitting around a while, I just had it spliced and picked it up this morning and found the same thing you did - it’s a huge splice that won’t fit through a small ring. I had planned to use it on the crane, but that won’t be happening now - it won’t fit through my tie in.

Christrees

Unfortunately, that is the official splice for Dragonfly. It is the only approved splice for Dragonfly, according to Gap Arborist.

Funny story, I have had a hank of Dragonfly sitting around a while, I just had it spliced and picked it up this morning and found the same thing you did - it’s a huge splice that won’t fit through a small ring. I had planned to use it on the crane, but that won’t be happening now - it won’t fit through my tie in.
I dont want to get stuck with a rope like this. So im hoping there going to do something about it

Reach

Right. I dont either. This is ridiculous
It is ridiculous, for sure. I’ve decided to relegate mine to possible SRT use and likely natural crotch DdRT until it’s worn out and I can replace it with something better. Unfortunate because I like the feel of the rope, and the colors, but if it won’t work for what I need, it’s not worth much. Hopefully you can get a refund/replacement or something out of it.

Christrees

It is ridiculous, for sure. I’ve decided to relegate mine to possible SRT use and likely natural crotch DdRT until it’s worn out and I can replace it with something better. Unfortunate because I like the feel of the rope, and the colors, but if it won’t work for what I need, it’s not worth much. Hopefully you can get a refund/replacement or something out of it.
Yeah same here i like the rope feel and all that. But if there going to be putting a splice on it looking like that i dont want it. Yeah id reather get some more samson vortex cool. Since i just got a hank of hot. Then ill having matching lanyards for both hanks.

Reach

Yeah same here i like the rope feel and all that. But if there going to be putting a splice on it looking like that i dont want it. Yeah id reather get some more samson vortex cool. Since i just got a hank of hot. Then ill having matching lanyards for both hanks.
Check out Blue Craze aka Cherry Bomb as well, if you like the look and feel of the Dragonfly. I’ve been climbing on it for near ten years now and I’ve been very happy with it. It’s low stretch, seems to be durable enough for reasonable DdRT climbing, and quite thin, about the same as the Dragonfly diameter.

Chaplain242

Not sure about dragonfly, but fly was one of the best natural rigging ropes I have ever owned...

RyTheTreeGuy

That is one fugly looking splice...However, if you are an Akimbo user I would recommend the fly family of ropes. It has a bit more bounce then I would like but runs through the device like a dream. Sewn termination would be much better if possible....or ditch it and pick up a hank of hyperclimb and thank me later. Cheers

Brocky

The long fraps look like an easy snag, not the best looking, but if tapering is gradual would be safe to use. Did you get both ends spliced?
I wasn’t able to get the covered buried in this, so the cover is whipped to the outside, unbraiding the cover tail along the back up to the core allows it to be spread out and not be so pronounced.
0F5E7174-E3D8-4B0C-8830-D51C79EA3D3F.jpeg

Christrees

The long fraps look like an easy snag, not the best looking, but if tapering is gradual would be safe to use. Did you get both ends spliced?
I wasn’t able to get the covered buried in this, so the cover is whipped to the outside, unbraiding the cover tail along the back up to the core allows it to be spread out and not be so pronounced.
View attachment 73087
Yeah both ends spliced..came out to like 189.00. Im hoping they will just let me return it. But idk if they will or not

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom