Silky Bladez

theXman

[ QUOTE ]
X i've been climbing/cutting less since 2008 but still notice the blades get dull quicker. at ~30 hrs a week i hope that still counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i think that counts, i get a bit too much at times.

guymayor

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i think that counts, i get a bit too much at times.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah me too.

i went roundandround with dunlap on this a while back when i hung on to my corona. i got another zubat and after a short while it lost its "edge" over the competition.

Babberney

yes, you have to realize when I say a Silky blade is not sharp anymore, it still cuts better than the brand-new fanno. I just like razor-sharp for the cleanest pruning cuts I can get.

Viking

I get a tingle up my spine when I make my first cuts with a brand new silky blade. Almost a religious experience!

I've had my Sugoi for about a year now and am just about to change the blade. It still cuts conifers pretty well, but I can definitely notice the need to replace it when dealing with cherry, maple, etc.
With that said, it was still able to give me a pretty nice puncture wound on my finger when putting it back in it's scabbard yesterday. Lesson learned.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom