Should i buy a used sk650?

colb

It was green. I laid a line of limbs got an end on and rolled it to the trailer then cantilevered it and pushed it on. Maybe it was 10.5' long.
I really wish we all had videos of these moments. The problem is that I'm either solo, or everyone is working when it goes down... Nice work on that one!

treegongfu

The log is in this picture and the sk500 did most of the other logs too.

I would be jealous of an sk650.

treegongfu

I don't have a problem walking behind it. I consider making it ride on but mostly just for the counterweight effect.

Of course I would like a bigger one but used ones are rare and expensive around here these days.

colb

I don't have a problem walking behind it. I consider making it ride on but mostly just for the counterweight effect.

Of course I would like a bigger one but used ones are rare and expensive around here these days.
The best mini is the one you have. You're unit is great, man. I'm noticing that the bmg is a substantial proportion of the tip capacity. W/o your body weight counterweighting it, you must be pulling some casual insanity to shuffle stuff around. Mad props!

colb

At least it's easier on the knees and cartilage than riding on the 650.....
I've learned that my days are much better if I hunch my back while operating. Putting a straight vertebral column on an sk650 platform is a mistake.

evo

Exactly how I got mine. Was shopping and settled on new. Then my local rental yard let me know they were selling the Vermeer 725. It had about 300 hours (I put a good chunk of those on the machine). The parking brake was/is disabled. I paid $27. I was about to buy a ditchwitch new for 35ish.
But the ditch only came with a small bucket. And I wound up with an auger (4,8,12”), 42” tiller, sm bucket, big bucket, forks, and a useless ‘land leveler’ (only functional use is to haul plywood)..

If I had to do it over again I’m not sure what I’d do. Not that I regret the purchase, and the attachments have come in handy a little (auger, buckets, forks)... for the most part I’m happy with the machine, but with some equipment experience there is a bit lacking and I don’t like the dummy proof controls.

I’ve added a receiver plate (actually bought it when I rented the machine, and pushed the chipper and made a boom bollard for yarding), BMG and a hydraulic winch. I have 470 hours on it, and I think it’s 3 years this summer.

Fivepoints

Buy it. You can always upgrade later. We still use our sk650 even though we bought an sk850. We used our for years. Newer ones are nicer but any mini is better than no mini. The sk650 is no slouch and will move lots of wood with a bmg.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom