rope runner pro

Crimsonking

stop monking around and get to work.
like to see you go out on a top tip with two tie in points doing a nice reduction prune preventing the failure of a lead on a home or other target. take up slack and release slack and fine tuning a position to make the cut.
pendulum swings and limb walks are easy peasy.
What most need to see is it doing the work people/customers actually pay arbclimbers to do.
By the way, two ropes are the future.
One rope is deaths door
Really? Let’s see your latest video

RopeShield

Sure hope you are not the one making decisions for the care of employees working in trees on rope with that short answer.
The whole world climbs with a backup. Why? Because too many arbclimbers have died or have been seriously injured.
Why would you suggest one rope for work is OK?

kiteflyingeek

Rope Runner Rocket, Rope Runner Rampage, Rope Runner Radical, Rope Runner Roulette, Rope Runner Rinse and Repeat, Ripe Runner Ramified, Rope Runner Rant, Rope Runner Radient
Rope Runner (X)
Rope Runner ZXR
Rope Runner Terminator II
Rope Runner TSC (the second coming)
:LOL:
How about Rope Runner Reloaded?

--andrew

RopeShield

Just saying it would be nice for a working arbclimber to see the tool doing what it needs to do for people doing the work.
I relish the opportunity in the day for a nice swing but what is most important is to see it perform in that difficult position when you are balancing your weight between a high tip and a long stretched out horizontal over a home or other target and especially in the preservation of a tree.
Kevin knows what we are talking about. Looking for more than fluff.

RopeShield

it is been a hard long week in the crown and on the ground and a full day of estimates today plus 10% 2yr wine oak barrel-aged beer:birra:. My intentions are honest and forthcoming. You may think I am an ass hole but I genuinely like to see innovation succeed when warranted. Looking for more is all.

swingdude

De' Island Buzzer
Now that was a nice 3 page read. I own 2 of the first rope runners Kevin hand made. I will surely be buying this sweet device. Just another piece of arb history in the making. Great job Notch.

treebing

@treebing how does this handle pitch compared between a wrench and akimbo?
you know, I get in a spruce every so often, but honestly dont really deal with pitch very often. and in a spruce im not really climbing around. I have only heard stories about the akimbo and pitch and I have never had any trouble operating an akimbo. Excellent device. Hitch cord I have dealt with pitch and its hard to clean off, but you can kind of burn it off. This is an area where I am not so helpful because of geography.

treebing

Sure hope you are not the one making decisions for the care of employees working in trees on rope with that short answer.
The whole world climbs with a backup. Why? Because too many arbclimbers have died or have been seriously injured.
Why would you suggest one rope for work is OK?
I fully agree with you that two ropes is much better than one. I regularly climb with two ropes at work. I think that two ropes is prudent and wise, especially in a production tree work environment where you are putting your life at risk for capitalism.

That said. There is nothing funner than bouncing around a tree on a single line. It is a joy like no other and it is not in the same category as production tree work which is not something that is done nor should ever be done for kicks and thrills.

The video is a marketing stunt no doubt. I'm not carrying a handsaw or even a lanyard, I left behind my foot ascenders and knee ascender. I just wanted to show what a runner can do without any distractions. I fully support two rope climbing at work as a practice. I think that the Rope runner makes it easier to climb with two ropes as well. A video of that in the future possibly. this was a product commercial and not intended for educational purposes.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom