rope runner pro

John@TreeXP

Looks like a nice upgrade, while maintaining the same high level of serviceability, compared to the original Rope Runner. I'm curious to see a detailed comparison between this and the original, outlining the pros and cons of both. This upgrade addresses the original runner's shortcomings quite well, but are the overall improvements enough to warrant the upgrade? I'm guessing the cost will be similar to the ZZ/Chicane combo, but I hope it's less.

Last edited:

evo

I don't want to derail this thread (damn the 'pro' looks slick!)... Though I wonder if anyone could briefly note the advantages/disadvantages of forge stamped vs machined?
Grain structure of the metal. Machined is superior but much more time consuming, and more steps involved.
When you heat metal to a pliable state the internal structure changes.
Forged if done right can (in steel) add carbon to the metal (making it stronger) and refine the grain structure (into smaller stronger crystals. Not sure about aluminum, nor hot dye forging. But you get those sexy rope friendly curves.

rico

Looks like a nice upgrade, while maintaining the same high level of serviceability, compared to the original Rope Runner. I'm curious to see a detailed comparison between this and the original, outlining the pros and cons of both. This looks like a notable upgrade that improves upon a number of the original runner's attributes, but I'm still unsure if the overall improvements will offer sufficient enough motivation for many of us to upgrade from the original version. This upgrade seems to have addressed the original runner's shortcomings quite well. Any clue yet as to the price point and a more specific release date? I'm guessing the cost will be similar to the ZZ/Chicane combo, but I hope it's less.

Here's the improvements I see:
  • Forged, vs machined metal
  • Improved pulley that stays connected and mitigates accidental drops
  • Larger bird for better control on descent
  • Allen Wrench adjustable bollard - hex nut
  • Centralized tending point
Friends don't even let their enemies ride Chicane's....An abomination....

And yea, this new Runner looks like it gobbles up slack better than anything I have ever seen...

And yea, Kevin is clearly the coolest dude is the industry... Climbing like that and continuing to put out the best devices in the industry...How does he do it?

Last edited:

treebing

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And yes that's a detroit tree Noah. Secret grove in rouge park . That tie in point is at 90 feet. Its actually dwarfed by several massive sycamores and the largest burr oak I've seen. a spectacular Hackberry in there as well.. Great spot that I would love to take you to!

Jonny

Stunning!
Great video, amazing climbing, cute kiddos, beautiful looking device.
Any details on when it might be available? Gonna do a pre-order?

Tuebor

Thanks for the kind words everyone. And yes that's a detroit tree Noah. Secret grove in rouge park . That tie in point is at 90 feet. Its actually dwarfed by several massive sycamores and the largest burr oak I've seen. a spectacular Hackberry in there as well.. Great spot that I would love to take you to!
Will it be making an appearance anywhere around town this weekend? I might have to come out of hiding to see it in person.

RopeShield

stop monking around and get to work.
like to see you go out on a top tip with two tie in points doing a nice reduction prune preventing the failure of a lead on a home or other target. take up slack and release slack and fine tuning a position to make the cut.
pendulum swings and limb walks are easy peasy.
What most need to see is it doing the work people/customers actually pay arbclimbers to do.
By the way, two ropes are the future.
One rope is deaths door

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom