Pruning saws are SHARP

Sfoppema

Unsheathed blades are dangerous, particularly unsheathed polesaws!

Jemco
Got 25 stitches from hanging an unsheathed pole saw in a tree .... Never again. My old boss said he saw a guy get his kneecap taken off by one....

27RMT0N

Yikes. In ten years of tree work I've managed to cut myself twice with my handsaw and still have the scars. Both were with brand new Silky blades and caused by accidentally cutting through something way faster than I expected... (and you know, having my left arm in the wrong place)

Daniel

Got 25 stitches from hanging an unsheathed pole saw in a tree .... Never again. My old boss said he saw a guy get his kneecap taken off by one....
I don't even have blades on my pole saws. Just use them for rope retrieval and pulling hangers

*useless info*

i remember constantly telling a climber 'Fred' to turn blade away from self hanging pole saw overhead and 'out of range' to get you. Kept saying as he wouldn't listen. It fell one day, they still call him Frank-n-Fred now i understand, from the long teardrop from how close to eye it came, facial scar. (happened on Halloween)

Last edited:

dmonn

My very first on-rope climb to prune a tree. My brand new handsaw just touched my brand new tensioned climbing rope. The damage scared the crap out of me. Still plenty strong to get down from 15 feet, but that 150 ft rope got turned into a 50 ft rope and a 90 ft rope.

Chaplain242

My very first on-rope climb to prune a tree. My brand new handsaw just touched my brand new tensioned climbing rope. The damage scared the crap out of me. Still plenty strong to get down from 15 feet, but that 150 ft rope got turned into a 50 ft rope and a 90 ft rope.
Pics?

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
It cut 10 feet out of it?!

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom