New Log Truck- PALFINGER

Bard

I agree and understand. Our other 2 logtrucks have bypass grapples. This was a new try. We also have a bypass coming for it (mecanil) that will possibly stay on the truck most days.

Curious about the quick disconnect concept you used?
Tomorrow when I’m at work, I’ll snap and post a pic of the quick disco and componentry.

There’s a tree service in our market with a mecanil. Though I’ve always been curious... is that piece of equipment used primarily for removals? Or is it able to make a clean finished cut for pruning as well?

Crimsonking

Tomorrow when I’m at work, I’ll snap and post a pic of the quick disco and componentry.

There’s a tree service in our market with a mecanil. Though I’ve always been curious... is that piece of equipment used primarily for removals? Or is it able to make a clean finished cut for pruning as well?
It’s not good for finish cuts. Either set a climber in the tree or have one already posted for the finish.

Fivepoints

We use a clamshell grapple. We normally chip the brush and mainly load logs in the grapple truck. I've use both bypass and clamshell. I loke the clamshell better for all around tree work. Its great for that huge pile of pine needles and pine cones left after removing several good sized pine trees. A bypass is pretty worthless in this situation. A clamshell will clean up a pile of wood chips very well as well. Its surprising how few fall out of the open ends when they are all compressed together. We frequently set our grapple on the ground closed and throw a bunch of rakings and small sticks in them as we are cleaning up.

It is really nice to be able to haul brush if your chipper breaks down. This has saved my butt a couple of times. Had an employee roast a clutch in our chipper at a storm job one time.

That looks like a really nice truck.

Bard

090C2FBA-B4C6-4300-ADA5-AA5D48AE4F09.jpeg 8F6F2A97-2A82-4D33-9F76-F29C84904625.jpeg 52F062D3-6CC2-4A4B-BB3F-4B40FFB2F916.jpeg

(Apologies if the images are balloons.)

Images 1 and 2 show the quick disconnect setup. That bracket with those fittings were installed by the lads at Palfinger. Prior to this installation it was straight hydraulic lines. Image 3 has the sealed caps that cover each hydraulic fitting when the bypass head is off of the truck/boom. So you’ve got 4 caps for the boom itself, and an additional 4 caps for the bypass grapple head hydraulic attachments. We use the caps because they do a good job of keeping the fittings clean and crud free. Lastly, is Little Red Riding Hook. After bypass head is off, the hook rides on the beefy horizontal pin (image 1).

Let me know if these images are unclear.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
View attachment 74964 View attachment 74965 View attachment 74966

(Apologies if the images are balloons.)

Images 1 and 2 show the quick disconnect setup. That bracket with those fittings were installed by the lads at Palfinger. Prior to this installation it was straight hydraulic lines. Image 3 has the sealed caps that cover each hydraulic fitting when the bypass head is off of the truck/boom. So you’ve got 4 caps for the boom itself, and an additional 4 caps for the bypass grapple head hydraulic attachments. We use the caps because they do a good job of keeping the fittings clean and crud free. Lastly, is Little Red Riding Hook. After bypass head is off, the hook rides on the beefy horizontal pin (image 1).

Let me know if these images are unclear.
We have almost the same setup for our knuckleboom. Works great.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom