Moss Cinching Lanyard prototype

Mowerr

After one climb I realize I want this on my 150' and 200' lines. The slic pin shackle makes all the difference, add it in or take it out as you want but you till have the tight eye on the end for typical crabiner use.
-AJ
Yep, Sherrill will have to add another sewn splice termination option... The moss sewn splice

moss

Yep, Sherrill will have to add another sewn splice termination option... The moss sewn splice
They'll need to inspect one of mine to learn all the details ;-) There are some details to be considered. My current thinking is it's too weird for Notch or Sherrill knock it off. Weirdness has its benefits.
-AJ

Mowerr

The moss termination!!! If your a boss, use the moss termination on all of your ropes.
Jk
Chit that's got me thinking maybe this could be useful for rigging too?

dsptech

A shackle could be used on the short lanyard instead of a ring, for that implementation I'd use a recessed hex head shackle pin instead of a slick pin shackle.
-AJ
I keep looking at this and keep visualizing two rings instead of the carabiner and shackle.
A carabiner with a wire gate corner trap could always be added to the end ring when needed.
Would make for a smaller package.
Any thoughts on such a configuration?

moss

I keep looking at this and keep visualizing two rings instead of the carabiner and shackle.
A carabiner with a wire gate corner trap could always be added to the end ring when needed.
Would make for a smaller package.
Any thoughts on such a configuration?
What are you thinking would be the purpose? I like the soft eye with carabiner on the end so I can have all the functionality I would expect from a normal setup tight eye on the end of a line.
-AJ

dsptech

Using it the way you demonstrated but with a ring replacing the carabiner in the soft tight eye.
Might add some additional versatility to the setup.
You could space the rings out a little more which might give the ability to cinch up on smaller diameter limbs.
Just some thoughts.

SomethingWitty

Arkansawyer
A rope optimized for (but not entirely married to) a texas tug anchor is pretty genius by itself. That's very tidy and not floppy. Just slap a pinto on that carabinier and you can take a couple of redirects with it no problem.
I guess you have to switch your retrieval position to the end hole to smooth it out, too.
Edit: or not. I really need one of these to play with to figure these things out.

moss

A rope optimized for (but not entirely married to) a texas tug anchor is pretty genius by itself. That's very tidy and not floppy. Just slap a pinto on that carabinier and you can take a couple of redirects with it no problem.
I guess you have to switch your retrieval position to the end hole to smooth it out, too.
Edit: or not. I really need one of these to play with to figure these things out.
Yes, flip the biner and shackle position, add Pinto.
-AJ