Hitch hiker/2/x thread

Woodwork

Participating member
What type of hitch cords do you guys like best with your HH2, particularly those of you using 11mm climbing line?

I'm new to the HH2, but I've been using Ocean Polyester 8mm with 11 mm Yale Blaze, which seems to work OK. (I'm using the hitch someone here came up with, although I forget who.)

rico

Been here a while
What type of hitch cords do you guys like best with your HH2, particularly those of you using 11mm climbing line?

I'm new to the HH2, but I've been using Ocean Polyester 8mm with 11 mm Yale Blaze, which seems to work OK. (I'm using the hitch someone here came up with, although I forget who.)
I run both 8mm HRC and 8mm beeline on 11mm HTP and they both kick ass. The Hitch Hiker seems to really like HTP.

rope-a-dope

Branched out member
I also climb on htp, and used viper, armor prus 8, epicord 9.3 and liked them all. The 8s were a little better??? It takes a mean muthafucka to grab that hard ass rope. Lucky Paul cox made sum nasty pieces

I use the hhx with a home made hoster (two yellow wire terminal eyes and wire )and dmm Perfect o bener (the small one) on the Shackle now it don’t have much setback when tending and can remove from bridge quicky for Redirects. (If I feel needed swivel then I use the one Richard sells with it instead of Purrfect o) Just wish I had more room on the Quik pin to make a hoster like the hh2 has.

Woodwork

Participating member
Sorry, Brocky! For some reason I kept thinking it was TimBr, but that didn't sound right...maybe you should have called it the Brocky Hitch after all! :sorprendido3:

Aerial Traveler

Branched out member
I use the hhx with a home made hoster (two yellow wire terminal eyes and wire )and dmm Perfect o bener (the small one) on the Shackle now it don’t have much setback when tending and can remove from bridge quicky for Redirects. (If I feel needed swivel then I use the one Richard sells with it instead of Purrfect o) Just wish I had more room on the Quik pin to make a hoster like the hh2 has.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Last edited:

LordFarkwad

Branched out member
Are you asking about John's illustration in particular, where he's replacing his swiveling bridge attachment and HH quickie with a single swiveling quickie?

I've run two ropes SRT before and a swiveling bridge connection would have been a benefit (cleaning gutters on roof, and had to be mindful of unwinding myself the proper direction when i wanted to change which way my body was facing).

John@TreeXP

Branched out member
When do you see the benefit of a swivel, especially SRT/ SRS?
I like using a swivel on my rope bridge, because it helps keep me oriented and helps to manage a twisted climbing line, not possible using a ring or other non-swiveling hardware. Since swivels come in various styles, some with a snap or a carabiner, the idea of combining a quickie and a swivel isn't that much of a stretch and from a practicality standpoint, it can reduce the amount of hardware used in certain climbing systems in a more streamlined and compact way.

RBJtree

Branched out member
I never used a swivel untill maybe a month ago when I got a cali swivel. I like the ability to attach multiple systems and un-twist with ease. Of course, a little fore thought can help to not get things twisted up, but it comes in handy sometimes.

Top Bottom