Fu*%face Von Clownstick

evo

What comes next?

Maybe buying votes?
Buying votes with smoke and mirrors.. payroll tax deferral still means it is owed. “If I’m re-elected, I will waive the deferral so you don’t have to pay it back” trust me, I promise.... a snake is always a snake, it’s not the snakes fault biting you as that’s the nature of a snake. It’s your own damn fault for thinking a snake won’t bite you.

Burrapeg

. . . the damage done to kids (social, academic, mental health, nutritional) from staying home is too great. . . .
I frankly enjoyed my time at home with my parents and grandparents as a lad. I worked for my grandfather in the family machine shop after school every day and full time all summer and loved it. It seems a sad state of affairs and another comment on our current shallow, selfish culture that some parents are so quickly tired of having their kids at home any real length of time. And nutritional damage? Huh? Parents don't know how to cook anymore? It is a total crises when we can't haul the kids to MacDonald's or Pizza Hut every afternoon? And with the internet and the entire World's knowledge at anyone's fingertips nowadays, there is also no excuse for your so-called academic damage. Bucknut, you are wasting your time commenting if you can't do any better than this. Our schools and our teachers' lives are not a substitute for good parenting.

Burrapeg

. . . Can’t do a damn thing to stop it. . . .
This moronic attitude is precisely the reason we haven't stop it. We could easily have whipped it down by now like other actually civilized countries, if so many Americans had not been this stupid and selfish. This attitude is working against itself too. The economy could have been back up and functioning a lot better by now without this self-centered approach.

Burrapeg

And now the Arsehole In Chief is screwing with the post office, with-holding funding to keep it going. Why, because he already knows he will probably lose the election if he can't pull some dirty tricks out of his hat to stop people from voting. He wants to prove the PO can't handle the ballots. (Duh, of course, they can't if he cuts their funding and cripples them). This whole voting fraud whining of his against mail-in voting is about this. He knows that he can count on his dipshite supporters to line up in person, risking life and health to vote for him, while people with a brain, who are overwhelmingly going to vote against him, are also likely to take the virus seriously and want to vote by mail. There has been absolutely no proof that voting by mail invites fraud. But what it does do, and this is what Trump is really worried about, is it favours people who think and who care about what is really happening with this virus, and thus seriously decreases his chances. He cares far more about stealing the election somehow than the risks people may take in getting out to vote in person. This should be patently obvious by now. He also is laying the groundwork with this BS about voting fraud, to scream about it if he loses, demanding recounts, all sorts of other stalling to give up the office. He is not a good loser. He will throw the Mother of all Baby Tantrums if he loses and screaming about voting fraud will be the tactic. So, meantime, the mail is running slower and slower because they are running out of the funding he could approve. The board of governors have asked for the necessary amount (they are all Trump appointees. by the way) and he is stalling. Who suffers? We do. The American people, his own supporters included.

Bucknut

I frankly enjoyed my time at home with my parents and grandparents as a lad. I worked for my grandfather in the family machine shop after school every day and full time all summer and loved it. It seems a sad state of affairs and another comment on our current shallow, selfish culture that some parents are so quickly tired of having their kids at home any real length of time. And nutritional damage? Huh? Parents don't know how to cook anymore? It is a total crises when we can't haul the kids to MacDonald's or Pizza Hut every afternoon? And with the internet and the entire World's knowledge at anyone's fingertips nowadays, there is also no excuse for your so-called academic damage. Bucknut, you are wasting your time commenting if you can't do any better than this. Our schools and our teachers' lives are not a substitute for good parenting.
You've missed the point entirely. You worked in the family machine shop AFTER SCHOOL, not in place of it for an entire year. And there may not have been a machine shop if your parents had to look after you instead of working, or had to pay for child care with a large chunk of their wages. And all the while you would be learning very little. Countless unimpeachable authorities attest to the superiority of in person learning. Zoom meetings just don't cut it. If needed I can cite 20 medical and educational organizations that would agree.

As for nutritional damage, you seem totally unaware of the fact that a shockingly large percentage of American students get not only lunch but breakfast at school. For "free". We're often told that these are the only two decent meals these kids get each day. Surely you know why that is. Not only do their "parents" not know how to cook, they either can't afford enough food or they've blown the food money on....... whatever. I assure you, the kids who rely on school for 2 meals a day don't have parents who consider it "no big deal" to go to McDonalds or Pizza Hut. Much less every day.

I'm guessing you're a very nice man, no doubt raised by great people. I don't think most kids these days can say the same. Your upbringing may have clouded your vision regarding the current state of affairs in parenting and education.

Bucknut

Not even considering the prospect of fraud in mail in ballots, what about pure incompetence or overwhelming numbers as reasons not to trust the system? This from the NYT:

nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

I go out every day. To work, to stores, grocery shopping, etc. Voting is more important than nearly all of those (except maybe groceries?). In person voting is the gold standard for a reason.

Burrapeg

. . . Your upbringing may have clouded your vision regarding the current state of affairs in parenting and education.
You may be right about that. I think that is what I meant by 'a sad state of affairs'. But I do not see that as an excuse for letting things continue the way they are when change can happen if people give a damn about something besides themselves. As to the voting, voter fraud can happen with in person voting also, just as easily, and it has been shown repeatedly to be almost a non-issue in this country. I have voted by mail here in my state since the mid-Nineties, no problem. It works fine. And even if there is fraud, it can happen either direction. It has nothing to do with party. But there is a reason Trump sees it as a threat despite this fact. Why has he said several times that he considers mail-in voting as something which will tell against Republicans? And so he is against it and is actively trying to curtail postal efficiency right now to prove his point that the post office can't handle the volume of ballots. What is this other than voter suppression in what should be an honest election? He clearly wants a system that favours in-person voting, that is, people like you, and one that stops others from casting a vote unless they are willing to risk close contact. And he has the unmitigated nerve to worry about fraud from the other direction! His whole administration is a fraud, with a huge number of his flunkies already convicted of their part in it even before he is out of office.

climbingmonkey24

Not even considering the prospect of fraud in mail in ballots, what about pure incompetence or overwhelming numbers as reasons not to trust the system? This from the NYT:

I go out every day. To work, to stores, grocery shopping, etc. Voting is more important than nearly all of those (except maybe groceries?). In person voting is the gold standard for a reason.
Many are choosing to limit how much they venture out into public areas with large numbers of people, with the possible exception of the absolute essentials to keep themselves and their families safe. Mail in voting gives people the opportunity to still participate while staying safe and reducing the risk of more outbreaks due to people going to vote in person.

evo

And now the Arsehole In Chief is screwing with the post office, with-holding funding to keep it going. Why, because he already knows he will probably lose the election if he can't pull some dirty tricks out of his hat to stop people from voting. He wants to prove the PO can't handle the ballots. (Duh, of course, they can't if he cuts their funding and cripples them). This whole voting fraud whining of his against mail-in voting is about this. He knows that he can count on his dipshite supporters to line up in person, risking life and health to vote for him, while people with a brain, who are overwhelmingly going to vote against him, are also likely to take the virus seriously and want to vote by mail. There has been absolutely no proof that voting by mail invites fraud. But what it does do, and this is what Trump is really worried about, is it favours people who think and who care about what is really happening with this virus, and thus seriously decreases his chances. He cares far more about stealing the election somehow than the risks people may take in getting out to vote in person. This should be patently obvious by now. He also is laying the groundwork with this BS about voting fraud, to scream about it if he loses, demanding recounts, all sorts of other stalling to give up the office. He is not a good loser. He will throw the Mother of all Baby Tantrums if he loses and screaming about voting fraud will be the tactic. So, meantime, the mail is running slower and slower because they are running out of the funding he could approve. The board of governors have asked for the necessary amount (they are all Trump appointees. by the way) and he is stalling. Who suffers? We do. The American people, his own supporters included.
The biggest issue I personally have with mail in voting is that TWICE now my votes were rejected and flagged for fraud. Ironically these were the only two times in my life that I have voted, and it still didn't matter. They cited discrepancies with my signature, vs what they had on file.

evo

nyc-mail-ballots-voting.html

Then voting should be a week long paid federal holiday.

rico

In person voting is the gold standard for a reason.
That was before your ignorant ideology and your ignorant president killed 170,000 Americans and counting.. We are loosing American's right now at a rate 1,300-1,500 a day and you want voting to be business as usual in November. You fucking cowards know the only hope of Trump winning is to cheat, so cheat it is. Kneecap the Post Office in an attempt to suppress the votes of tens of millions of American's...Fucking un-american, un-constitutional, and robs millions of Americans of their civil rights....History, and your fellow American's will remember who and what you are....

Last edited:

Burrapeg

. . . History. . . will remember. . .
You can bet on that. History is written by intelligent people and there is little question what sort of opinion educated, intelligent people have of tRump. He will be remembered as the most divisive, bigoted, illiterate, egotistical, vindictive, and useless president the country possibly has ever had. Even considering his own campaign promises, he has been largely ineffectual. What has he actually accomplished other than roll back some much-needed environmental protections in favour of big industry, stack the Supreme Court, and waste untold millions on a few short stretches of his stupid wall? Make America Great Again is a huge joke to the rest of the World, the ones who actually decide if we are great or not. Any stupid bully can thump his own chest and claim he is great. True greatness comes from others' opinion and has to be earned. If anything, he has destroyed any impression of greatest and made us a laughing stock. No one trusts his word. He has continually pissed off our closest allies with his bungling attempts at diplomacy. I just read where the self-centered moron actually approached South Dakota about having his face added to Mt. Rushmore.

Bucknut

Seriously fellas..... if we can go to the grocery store which is far more crowded than any polling station I’ve ever been in, why can’t we wear masks, distance and vote in person?

Burrapeg

Seriously fellas..... if we can go to the grocery store which is far more crowded than any polling station I’ve ever been in, why can’t we wear masks, distance and vote in person?
Sure, we probably can, Bucknut. The point is to have options and not be forced to take a certain path for political reasons. America is about freedom of choice, isn't it? Isn't that a big deal with you right-wingers, like with the masks? A lot of places like here where I live vote by mail already for several decades now as a normal process. Besides, you are using an unfortunate comparison. Who says all of us feel safe going to the damn grocery store right now? Every time I am in there, half the idiots don't have masks on, even some of the check-out gals, despite a steadily rising local case count.

climbingmonkey24

He is also constantly stressing the fact that we could be doing more if everyone took personal responsibility and did what they are supposed to. The problem -

Not everybody who goes out follows the rules and maintains social distancing! Many are treating the virus as if it isn’t serious or is just a hoax and consequently stricter measures are a necessity because people can’t be bothered to social distance and wear masks.

Last edited:
Reactions: evo

owScott

OMG. Not kidding, I saw this 10 seconds after I posted the last....

View attachment 69798
I happen to agree. However some people may not feel comfortable voting in person. Forcing people to vote in person, isnt that taking away their freedom to choose? One minute its my freedom to choose regardless of consquences. Now its the government telling me how I must vote. Kind of like the government shouldnt regulate our guns at all but should regulate tightly who can get married. Bullshit hypocrisy.

rico

Pure fucking nonsense as usual Buck... Please explain why its ok for Trump and his family to exercise their right to mail in their ballot, but the rest of us cant?

Please explain why OUR US Postal Service can handle over 42 million pieces of mail a day, but all of the sudden they won't be able to handle 120-130 million ballots over the coarse of 4-5 weeks?

Please explain why the millionaire Trump donor who is now posing as OUR Post Master General is in the process of removing over 625 high volume mail sorters from OUR Postal Service, and doing his very best to stop the USPS from doing its job. A job, which by the way, they have pridefully been executing since before we were a nation?

Please explain why our President refuses to fund the US Postal Service as we head towards an election in the middle of a global pandemic?

Why? Because Trump knows he cannot win fairly, so he has resorted to using the power of his office to try and manipulate the vote count in the upcoming election...He is cheating out in the open and admitting his intentions on live fucking television...This is as clear a case of abuse of power and as clear a case for impeachment as this nation has ever seen in its history. This man and his supporters are the single greatest threat to our democracy and our way of life as this nation has ever seen. As I said earlier, history and your fellow Americans will not be kind to you and your kind...

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom