Echo top handle saw

Barc Buster

Ok I’m sold on getting a 2511t, where to get a powerhead only online, as I will be replacing the bar and sprocket to run a Stihl 1/4??
Bruce at HL supply might be able to help ya out. He's an echo dealer, but shipping might kill the deal for you. I'm not sure if they are listed on the website. I always call direct.

He might even be able to set it up for 1/4 out the door. Not sure.

Birdyman88

@evo Check this eBay auction out. Includes bar and chain for $349. Supposedly NIB, but eBay's buyer protection system is pretty good in case the saw is messed up. Just document everything well from the time you open box.

Njdelaney

@evo Check this eBay auction out. Includes bar and chain for $349. Supposedly NIB, but eBay's buyer protection system is pretty good in case the saw is messed up. Just document everything well from the time you open box.

I bought one from this seller. It's legit and the saw is a 2020 model.

dsptech

I bought one from this seller. It's legit and the saw is a 2020 model.
That's who I bought mine from.
I asked for an invoice so I could register it for warranty.
He wouldn't provide one.
Echo will only warranty a saw purchased through a authorized dealer.
I haven't tried to register the saw yet but I'm pretty sure it's going to be an issue.

dsptech

Update 1
I was able to register the saw on Echo's website.
When you register they ask you for the dealer you purchased it from.
I did some digging on that ebay seller and I found their Brick and Mortar store is:

NORTHSIDE TRUE VALUE POWER CTR
1415 NORTH RICHMOND ST.
APPLETON, WI 54911

I entered that info but I don't think it mattered as long as you pick one of their listed dealers.
Print your registration and you won't need you receipt for repair, just you printed reg.

Update 2

Just got off the phone with Echo and told them about what was happening with my saw.
I also told them I read on a forum that another person had their primer bulb replaced by their dealer for a known issue.
Thanks @Treespotter
Turns out that is absolutely correct.

Echo Service Bulletin # 18-04
Affects all CS-2511T models.
Original Part # 12318139130
Replacement part # A035000040

You have to take the saw to an Echo servicing dealer for replacement or buy one yourself.
They will not send you one.

saucerboy

Update 1
I was able to register the saw on Echo's website.
When you register they ask you for the dealer you purchased it from.
I did some digging on that ebay seller and I found their Brick and Mortar store is:

NORTHSIDE TRUE VALUE POWER CTR
1415 NORTH RICHMOND ST.
APPLETON, WI 54911

I entered that info but I don't think it mattered as long as you pick one of their listed dealers.
Print your registration and you won't need you receipt for repair, just you printed reg.

Update 2
Just got off the phone with Echo and told them about what was happening with my saw.
I also told them I read on a forum that another person had their primer bulb replaced by their dealer for a known issue.
Thanks @Treespotter
Turns out that is absolutely correct.

Echo Service Bulletin # 18-04
Affects all CS-2511T models.
Original Part # 12318139130
Replacement part # A035000040

You have to take the saw to an Echo servicing dealer for replacement or buy one yourself.
They will not send you one.
Thank you for the information! Has it helped having the primer bulb replaced? I´ve been having the same issues with mine 2511...

dsptech

Tried to order one online but they are back ordered.
Echo doesn't have any either.
They said to call the dealer in your area to see if they have one in stock.

Do not order from echopartsonline.com or any of their variants.
They don't have anything in stock.
If I find someone with stock I'll post it here.

colb

Wow, I bought a second 2511t and a 14" panther bar. Used it to top out a 14" diameter swamp chestnut oak top that was straight up and down with a tag line in the top. Worked like a charm. A bit slower than my ms661, lol, but it was a great saw for this non-leaning top.

Birdyman88

If you need the part numbers I'll post them
Actually, I have them. My two .050 chains are nearing end of life. Y'all just about have me brainwashed enough that I may give a .043 b&c a chance on that saw, lol. I've seriously considered drilling out a spare Stihl 14" .043 bar, but I really like having a 12" on it. I almost forget its on the saddle.

colb

Actually, I have them. My two .050 chains are nearing end of life. Y'all just about have me brainwashed enough that I may give a .043 b&c a chance on that saw, lol. I've seriously considered drilling out a spare Stihl 14" .043 bar, but I really like having a 12" on it. I almost forget its on the saddle.
12" is great. Having used the full 14" in oak for the first time, I think it is better for removals than the 12". The cut is not top speed, but it is very decent. I've been using an 8" on my pruning powerhead for over a year and it is fantastic. I'd never go back to anything longer for pruning. Even did most of a large laurel oak removal with the 8" bar...

dsptech

I found a source for the A035000040 primer bulbs.
The don't have them in stock so it takes 4 days before they ship.
Had them check with their supplier for stock on hand before ordering and sure enough 4 days later received a tracking number.
https://www.rcpw.com/echo-parts/genuine/A035000040.html

From the attached pics they appear to be the real deal and not some aftermarket sub.
I still notice the saw idle changes when flipped from one side to the other.
I pulled the caps on mine and did the full tune with a tack.
Definite runs stronger and got the WOT up to 12700.

Something to consider is that installing this bulb requires pulling the carb and top cover plate.
The top cover plate has to be lifted up on the chain side first and then pulled out towards the chain side.
There is a nub that tucks in at the bottom left of the cover plate that slides into the recoil side.
Real easy to break if you just force it off.

Attachments

Last edited:

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom