Echo top handle saw

Matthew Stone

I absolutely love mine. It was a little less than I expected at first but after a muffler hogging and some time spent wide open it's come to life. Best part is the weight, you wouldn't even know it was there. I am going to switch to the carving chain shorty, which is supposed to further enhance its mighty might like abilities! Mine has a 14" bar, which is a lot for a saw this size.. but it eats! I highly recommend one, if you're in the market. It's only 100$ more than the others and nearly as powerful as the larger models when modded. I traded my 271 in for it because the 271 wasn't that impressive at all. The deals are almost year round if you buy from an authorized dealer, warranty is on point for sure. GREAT SAW IMG_20200114_083820668_HDR.jpg

RockinZinc

I've been researching a lot a out the little 2511 an have pretty much concluded that I'm buying one and sending it off to get modded.
Thought I would post one of my findings for you good folk about an aforementioned problem with the gas/oil caps.
The Husqvarna flip caps pop right onto the 2511. At least according to this post I saw on the IG.. Screenshot_20200520-160741_Instagram.jpg

colb

The echo caps are simple, but I have no complaints with them. They keep the gas and oil in the saw... They open and close. That cheap plastic new sock holder-togetherer actually hasn't broken over the 1.5 years I've had the saw. What more do you need?

Bucknut

I'd like a cap that doesn't require a tool to open and close. I typically use a t-wrench to tighten and loosen the caps on the 2511 and the 355t. Not the end of the world, but one more step and one more thing needed to accomplish what should be a very fast and easy task.

Also had a new guy over tighten the oil cap on a new 2511 and crack it. Took about a week to get a new cap, during which time the saw was the orangest, lightest gas powered paperweight in North America. A simple twist lock cap would solve both problems.

And while I'm airing grievances to no one in particular, it'd be nice if Echo would make their fuel tanks translucent (like Stihl). Or at least add a small sight window. I hate guessing.

dsptech

I've been researching a lot a out the little 2511 an have pretty much concluded that I'm buying one and sending it off to get modded.
Thought I would post one of my findings for you good folk about an aforementioned problem with the gas/oil caps.
The Husqvarna flip caps pop right onto the 2511. At least according to this post I saw on the IG.. View attachment 67965
Can you paste a link to the above?

RockinZinc

http://instagr.am/p/B99wkkUB3ec/ That should be the web link.. @dsptech

And I'm with you Bucknut, I don't really think I should need a tool to fill up a damn saw but it's not the end of the world or anything, if this fix does the trick then I'm all for it. As far as the caps are concerned.. idk what husky saw they're from. I would honestly have to imagine a 540xp but like you I'm not familiar with husky saws. The only one I own is the 3120xp and being in North Texas it's not often I have to bust out a saw like that lol.

Bucknut

Didn't realize I could use the pull cord handle to open the tanks...
You can, but I’ve found it to be fairly ineffective. Doesn’t fit well, and the damn pull cord keeps trying to retract the whole time.

Barc Buster

Echo seems to be aware that their oil caps are not very user friendly. They are rolling out a new design (their own version of the husky caps). Fellas are starting to see them on their newer saws as seen here on the new 7310:

Zoom in on the oil/fuel caps in the picture. Also seeing them on the oil cap on the dcs-2500 battery top handle. Theoretically you could switch them out if you can find the part number.

RockinZinc

Echo seems to be aware that their oil caps are not very user friendly. They are rolling out a new design (their own version of the husky caps). Fellas are starting to see them on their newer saws as seen here on the new 7310:

Zoom in on the oil/fuel caps in the picture. Also seeing them on the oil cap on the dcs-2500 battery top handle. Theoretically you could switch them out if you can find the part number.
Very curious to see if this can happen!
EDIT:Although, the above listed saw is appears to be a much larger saw.. not sure the caps would be the same size?

Last edited:

Mowerr

What I do is tighten the gas cap first and be careful to not over tighten. I basically don't put any kind muscle into it. Then I tighten the oil cap only as far as I tightened the gas cap. You can't put much effort Into it or you will over tighten and need a tool to open. I usually do it best with no gloves on. I've never had them loosen up or leak.
I hate it when I over tighten them

colb

How are the caps supposed to be opened? I've never been able to figure that out... Is it by hand? I assumed it was by saw tool, but it's awkward with the flathead end. That's what I do though.

Bucknut

How are the caps supposed to be opened? I've never been able to figure that out... Is it by hand? I assumed it was by saw tool, but it's awkward with the flathead end. That's what I do though.
I use a t-wrench. Lay the post of the wrench diagonally between the 2 raised “grips” on each cap and loosen/snug up. You're right, it's awkward.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom