DON'T EVEN TRY IT!

Daniel

I wonder how he did it?
View attachment 66099
That's a good question. Nobody knows!
That was part of a $5,000 job that took about 32-35 man-hours and $325 dumpster fee.
Of that 5K, there was 1,000 for stump grinding, which was mostly for building a ramp up to grind a locust stump in the middle of a round brick well, about 18" high. I was working on the trees in the front so I didn't see the guys get it done. I bought these 2 heavy-duty 4' aluminum ramps a few years back. Don't use them often, but they do come in handy when needed.

rico

Go to 7:02-7:15...Curious why you didn't use the Huge, Massive, Ginormous lay of the Giant lawn, and instead drove your spar directly into a nearby tree? Can't wait to here your explanation Daniel?

Last edited:

Daniel

Go to 7:02-7:15...Curious why you drove your spar directly into a nearby tree?
Once again you have shown you care nothing about the truth. You would be ostracized in any oral tradition community for your fabrications.
The spar made no contact with anything but the ground. there was one large back leaning limb that came over with the spar that brushed another tree, but did no damage. The other tree was covered with vines. The vines got swept off, with no damage to the trunk and no lower limbs involved.

Here's another one I found for you @rico

This big top brushed tree limbs on both the right and left side on its way down and on the tree across the street.

rico

Fabrication and Truth...Really Daniel...We can all watch as your tree DOES IN FACT make a direct hit to the nearby tree (7:12), and it does so with enough force to break the backside top out of the tree you were falling.. You put the rest of this tree on that massive lawn Daniel, so why did you strangely choose to slammed your falling cut directing into a nearby tree. Planned, or some seriously piss poor shooting buddy? Either way, yet more fucking hackery on your part.....

Last edited:

Daniel

you said "spar"...
as in : "drove your spar directly into a nearby tree? "

did the spar hit the other tree or was it a branch?

rico

You can call it whatever you wish Daniel (tree, spar, macaroni) but the piece that you fell did in fact slam directly into the nearby tree buddy (7:12), and it did so with enough force that it tore the top out of your tree/spar/macaroni..... Does that clarify the matter for you Daniel?

Now that you have just admitted to hitting the nearby tree, I again have to ask why would you do something like that when you had a few acres of open space just to the left?

Last edited:

Daniel

It wasn't " a few acres of open space to the left"

once again you're making up fabrications shamelessly . your fabrications show you have no regard for the truth. it's one of the problems with online culture

people can say anything they want online with no accountability. Unfortunately there are consequences when that mentality bleeds into the culture at large.

So now the president lies and lies shamelessly, just like you. it's become acceptable behavior. that's a problem when millions of people could die because people are used a president that lies.

they call the devil the prince of lies. evil is invidious like that. that's you.

So you say whatever you want when you don't have a clue what was going on and couldn't possibly know what was going on from watching that video.
Look at the shorter spar with branch that got dropped at 5:30 and you'll see there was not a lot of Room in that yard

There was a well landscape area there with lots of expensive shrubs on that hill.

Camera angles are very deceptive. you keep talking like you know something. You're making bad karma and it's coming for you sure as gravity

rico

"Camera angles", "expensive shrubs", and "not a lot of room in that yard"... Fucking please...

You will never be able to escape the simple FACT that we can all see from the vid that you DID IN FACT have a large open space on that lawn to work with, and we can also all see that you DID IN FACT slam your spar/tree/macaroni into the nearby tree.

If you were not such a lazy hack you would have done what was needed to not slam your tree/spar/macaroni into the nearby tree, which seems to be something you do frequently... Your clients must love you?

Last edited:

TreeCo

The video show a bad 'gun' on your part Daniel.

You'd rather spin than admit the truth.

It wasn't " a few acres of open space to the left"

once again you're making up fabrications shamelessly . your fabrications show you have no regard for the truth. it's one of the problems with online culture

people can say anything they want online with no accountability. Unfortunately there are consequences when that mentality bleeds into the culture at large.

So now the president lies and lies shamelessly, just like you. it's become acceptable behavior. that's a problem when millions of people could die because people are used a president that lies.

they call the devil the prince of lies. evil is invidious like that. that's you.

So you say whatever you want when you don't have a clue what was going on and couldn't possibly know what was going on from watching that video.
Look at the shorter spar with branch that got dropped at 5:30 and you'll see there was not a lot of Room in that yard

There was a well landscape area there with lots of expensive shrubs on that hill.

Camera angles are very deceptive. you keep talking like you know something. You're making bad karma and it's coming for you sure as gravity

Daniel

the truth is there was no damage done when that backside limb, brushed the ash tree that was covered in vines. The silver maple limb broke. the ash was fine.

Neither of you were there and neither of you can make a call as to what exactly happened you're both full of it and that's the bottom line.

The truth matters , the words we use matter.
you don't seem to have any care for that.

Last edited:

rico

The video show a bad 'gun' on your part Daniel.
No the bottom line is that you either severely missed your lay, or you were just too lazy to take the time needed to simply bring that tree down to a height so it would actually fit into your available space... Either way, pure fucking hackery.....

Last edited:

Daniel

The gun was easy. If you think that I missed the gun on that tree, you are clueless!

Silver maple is a very poor hinging wood. With that much back lean and the side weight from the large limb off the back, the main concern was possibly losing the tree to the side weight. You can see and hear how far that tree had to travel to come over center. The longer the hinge has to hold the more the chance of hinge failure to side weight. If you look closely, there was a right angle retainer line that went slack during the early movement of the fall, then got tight as the tree moved into the lay. That retainer line is what kept the top from laying to the side. I would have liked to have a better anchor angle but knew that there was enough angle there to make the lay. The brush made no difference, did no damage, and actually opened up a view of a bad spot on the ash, that had been covered by the vines.
The customer was happy, check cleared. no harm no foul. Knowing what you can and can't make work in a complicated scenario to make it work isn't lazy or hackery. it's skill and experience. I could have adjusted the anchor system for the retainer line. I don't work any harder than needed to get the job done.

TreeCo

The gun was easy. If you think that I missed the gun on that tree, you are clueless!
The gun was wrong. Easy, sure but wrong.

The backward lean must have thrown off your judgement. The tree fell into another tree with open yard all around. If it was intentional, it was stupid intentional.

Daniel

You see the video from one angle only and are making a judgment which is simply wrong

then getting all righteous, acting like you know the truth.

you are clueless as is Rico

This is the best view of the yard.

hardly wide open. this is the cut from 530, which was far shorter than the final drop.

It was a tight drop zone. that wasn't a straight stick Screenshot_20200325-165211_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

rico

Pretty tough to talk your way around the truth, and 7:17 in your vid don't lie.. Lawn for DAYZ Daniel... So much for "camera angles", "expensive shrubs", and "not a lot of room in that yard"?

So once again I have to ask. Why drive your tree/spar directly into a nearby healthy mature tree when you had miles of open space just a few degrees to the left? We wont talk about what also looks like plenty of open ground to the right. Is this some super secret next level shit the rest of us are not aware of, or did you simply make a shitty cut?

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 6.05.02 AM.png

Last edited:

owScott

So much for "camera angles", "expensive shrubs", and "not a lot of room in that yard"?

So once again I have to ask. Why drive your tree/spar directly into a mature, healthy tree when you had miles of open space just a few degrees to the left? Is this some super secret next level shit the rest of us are not aware of, or did you simply make a shitty cut?
Yeah Erik I am afraid if we worked together it would get real boring. I would make a bad cut,
Erik " damn you really screwed the pooch on that cut, how blind are you old man"
Scott " yeah fuked that cut up, maybe I will get my prescription checked older fart"
CRICKETS

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom