Ditch Witch SK650 general discussion

Sfoppema

I'm working on a similar setup, do you have a link to the ramps that you bought? My current ramps are a solid 10' ramp that won't work well for hinging.
I got them from discount ramps.com ....Supposedly they are rated for 5k, but I never tried using them as is. If you can see in the photos, I had some kick stands welded on (they just swing down when the ramps open up). Also, after about 6 months, a crack started appearing at the hinge point, and I had my welder touch it up and add some extra welds to make it more rugged. Cheap Chinese stuff, but they work great. If I bought a new set, I'd just have my guy reinforce them before I even installed.

Sfoppema

They are really light and it's very convenient to not have to move them around all the time and have to throw them in the bed etc.

Sfoppema

as packed up on this photo, the standing platform sticks out slightly, but not as far as the driver's side mirror. Not sure if it's "legal" or not, but no one has ever said anything, and I'm not going to take the grapple off.......When I got my 1050, which is longer, I pick the loader up, and set it down on top of the ramps (I'll take a picture and post). In that orientation, which looked a little weird at first, everything stays inside the width of the truck. The grapple sticks up about a foot above the top of the bed, which is only 9'6", so it's still plenty short even sticking up.
IMG_20200921_171532925.jpg
Not the best angle, just looked on my phone to see if I had a picture.... I'll get a better one when I have a minute, but the "dogs" at the bottom of the attachment plate sit right on top of the ramps when folded up. This is what it looks like driving down the road. Everything is within the width of the truck this way.

Sfoppema

The next truck will have hydraulic ramps. Might be selling this truck in the next year or so. It's a dt444e 1996. Not a lot of nuts. Probably going to try to get a 26k cabover or dt466 with the same set up.

Jehinten

I got them from discount ramps.com ....Supposedly they are rated for 5k, but I never tried using them as is. If you can see in the photos, I had some kick stands welded on (they just swing down when the ramps open up). Also, after about 6 months, a crack started appearing at the hinge point, and I had my welder touch it up and add some extra welds to make it more rugged. Cheap Chinese stuff, but they work great. If I bought a new set, I'd just have my guy reinforce them before I even installed.
I also bought my ramps from there. I got the 10,000lb 10' ramps. At 80lbs each they are not terribly pleasant to haul from the platform to the back of the truck where they are stored.

I'll look into the one that you bought.

Thanks,
Justin

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom