Days in Maine

Serf Life

Check out Atlantic Brewing when you get to Acadia area. Bar Harbor real ale and “coal porter” will fit the bill for that beer. If you go 295 check out Maine Beer Co in freeport. If you go the Bangor route check out Geagan Brothers as they have some malty brews. If you go rt 3 there are a couple breweries in Liberty and that cool tool barn. When you go through Belfast on rt 3 stop at Moon Bat for some killer pastries and croissant ham and fancy cheese sandwiches, holy fuck good. Rising Tide is really good in portland and there are so many others.

Serf Life

There is a bbq joint in Bath on rt 1 called Beale St which is really good and they have a beer called QBQ (quintessential barbecue quencher) which you’d like and can’t find elsewhere. Pan blackened haddock, pulled pork is killer.

Serf Life

70250522-BFDA-472A-B53C-DFD36A835620.jpeg Red oak removal today on a private cove looking SE. Just lovely day, lobster boats tooling around, surf around sneaker shoals, islands abound. 8794A037-3570-4BE2-874E-F5C80B97EE47.jpeg Noticed this unusual (for here) formation with lens clouds over the puffy cumulus. Thought they formed over mountains?

Birdyman88

My son got married (pics coming) and we hung out in Scarborough for 4 days. Weather in Acadia was iffy so we decided to stick around in Portland for the next several days. Hurricane Teddy came through so we got to go wave watching at Two Lights State Park. It was awesome and I will post some wave videos when I get them down to a reasonable size.

The Portland Headlight
0921201250.jpg

Down on the rocks at the lighthouse.
0921201254.jpg

A Canadian girl (who just happens to be an accomplished groundie) on Horton Woods Trail near Portland after eating some Amato's Pizza and Calzones with a TreeBuzz "Well-Known Member".

0921201552.jpg

Where are the elk? I thought Maine had elk. My wife thinks I'm an idiot. Didn't the Hartford insurance commercial have an elk? Yeah I know Hartford's in Conncecticut, but Maine is above that. What am I missing here?
0921201738.jpg

A cool spot on Winnick Woods Trail near Portland. Really nice MTB trails here.
0922201043a.jpg

[Winnick Woods] Hmmmm. Love shack, maybe?
0922201233.jpg

Some fine Rising Tide Brew samples here. Either the Nakita or the Polaris was fermented in old bourbon barrels. Caught me off guard at first, but I really started to dig it after the first glass. But, the Ischmel was definitely the winner. Followed up with 1 1/2 dozen succulent Maine oysters at J's Oyster House along with some absolutely decadent lobster stew. Damn, I'm digging this Portland thing.
0922201747.jpg

9 hours, through some gorgeous states and onset of fall colors, the heart of NYC, and some farmers fields because I wanted to avoid tolls, on to Annapolis, MD to visit my youngest daughter at school. The coffee was really, really good that morning. We'll be back in Portland soon, I suspect.

0924200903.jpg

And 'word' to Roger the Cat. 3,300 miles in the front seat between mom and dad. Road Warrior.
0807201926.jpg

Last edited:

Serf Life

So I got a call last week about the junk boat and trailer I posted on Craigslist.

Him: “Would you just sell the boat?”
Me: “Sure, pretty rough shape though...”
Him: “I just want to put ‘er on my property line to have that thorn in-my-back neighbor look at it all day.”
Me “Fuckin’ right bub!”
Unembellished and quintessential Mainer interaction.

cory

Have we mentioned here how rad Acadia NP is? Sure it can be crowded at times but it's not hard to get away from them, and the rocky cliffs along the ocean's edge are amazing.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts
Top Bottom