Crane accident 8/31/21 Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please please please do us all a favour and quit posting, enough is enough of your spewing of crap and @rico @Steve Connally and many others you know dick all about are very good, above average as a matter of fact at what they do. Enough with your BS comments please and thank you. There I spoke for many who wanted to say it :birra::hola:
The truth hurts sometimes, it’s the bullshit that I’m tired of seeing and hearing, it’s become an echo chamber for a small group of peoples bullshit here. They do have good knowledge and abilities so please keep to sharing that which could actually be helpful, Cheers.

rico

Been here a while
B
The truth hurts sometimes, it’s the bullshit that I’m tired of seeing and hearing, it’s become an echo chamber for a small group of peoples bullshit here. They do have good knowledge and abilities so please keep to sharing that which could actually be helpful, Cheers.

So the fella who claims I broke my leg while “walking on the ground” is using the word “truth”. Please.

Bullshit, or pro’s analyzing and discussing why someone managed to get their bell rung while topping a little dead conifer. Same goes for someone using their crane as a remote rigging point, or turning a relatively simply hung up Fir in to a shit show. If we as professionals can’t discuss mistakes/errors, and how to remedy those mistakes/errors, then what the fuck are we doing here?

Last edited:
B

So the fella who claims I broke my leg while “walking on the ground” is using the word “truth”. Please.

Bullshit, or pro’s analyzing and discussing why someone managed to get their bell rung while topping a little dead conifer. Same goes for someone using their crane as a remote rigging point, or turning a relatively simply hung up Fir in to a shit show. If we as professionals can’t discuss mistakes/errors, and how to remedy those mistakes/errors, then what the fuck are we doing here?
That’s funny because that truth was from your own words, so you’re saying you either where or are lying again, you keep editing your comments over and over again to pretend like you didn’t say something that you did, you along with others here on the same train are doing that. I never knew a good tree man who had to go back on his word to try play someone else the fool as if he didn’t say and do what he did. The thing is you’re a very skilled at the niche of tree work that you do, and I believe with your experience you could actually help influence the industry in a positive light if you where willing to choose to do so over just ranting about other peoples shortcomings, I guess it comes down to confidence in how you perceive yourself to find the need to do one over the other. I did finally try to watch that one video of that hung up fir I couldn’t even watch the whole thing because I mostly agree with your sentiments about the video and practices.

Dan Cobb

Branched out member
For those who might feel awkward telling a homeowner that no one can be in the house (or fall zone) during crane operations, I suggest telling them it's a federal regulation specified in OSHA 1926.1425. Put the blame on someone else. You can leave out the part about how tree trimming and tree removal is excluded from the requirement by 1926.1400(c)(13) since OSHA might try to get you under the General Duty Clause anyhow.

owScott

Branched out member
The way in which they approached this Fir showed a real lack of experience in dealing with hung up trees like this one. This tree was never gonna get the kind of forward movement that was needed to get it to clear the nearby Fir. What was really needed was some downward movement, which was easily had by a few properly executed slice/salami cuts...I have cleared dozens and dozens and dozens of hangers like this, and generally a series of well executed slice cuts is all that is needed. In tougher cases the assistance of a tagline may also need to be employed.

Almost all the forces here were pushing this tree into its stump, and the fact that the cutter continued with his backcut until the tree sat on his saw, forcing him to pull his powerhead, is a clear indication that he didn’t have a clear understanding of the forces/dynamics at play here.

Since he didn’t begin this task with a slice cut, and he didn’t use a slice cut after they finally got this tree off of its stump, I am left wondering if anyone on the job possessed the skills needed to perform a series of proper slice cuts on a tree this size.

And yes, it is utter bullshit that they resorted to needlessly killing the 2nd Fir.

All kidding aside, these guys don’t need to turn off the saws and cranes. They just need to turn off the fucking cameras for awhile, and get a little better at their craft. They owe it to this industry that they clearly love, and their 225,000 subscribers.
We have had this discuusion on other threads. Our technique may differ slightly, I like a notch on top to release some pressure, but same concept. Knock a few chunks off the base and create some downward movement. I would have tried to fell it just like them but as soon as there was no movement I would have went straight to the slicing method. This is basic woods work 101. This is not 20+minutes of video worthy, not video worthy at all.

owScott

Branched out member
For those who might feel awkward telling a homeowner that no one can be in the house (or fall zone) during crane operations, I suggest telling them it's a federal regulation specified in OSHA 1926.1425. Put the blame on someone else. You can leave out the part about how tree trimming and tree removal is excluded from the requirement by 1926.1400(c)(13) since OSHA might try to get you under the General Duty Clause anyhow.
This is the 1st thing I tell the customer when they book the job, they must be out of the house. Never had a customer even question it. Never felt awkward either. Actually would feel awkward wondering what the customer would be thinking if they were allowed in the house when we were lifting picks over the house.

rico

Been here a while
That’s funny because that truth was from your own words, so you’re saying you either where or are lying again, you keep editing your comments over and over again to pretend like you didn’t say something that you did, you along with others here on the same train are doing that. I never knew a good tree man who had to go back on his word to try play someone else the fool as if he didn’t say and do what he did. The thing is you’re a very skilled at the niche of tree work that you do, and I believe with your experience you could actually help influence the industry in a positive light if you where willing to choose to do so over just ranting about other peoples shortcomings, I guess it comes down to confidence in how you perceive yourself to find the need to do one over the other. I did finally try to watch that one video of that hung up fir I couldn’t even watch the whole thing because I mostly agree with your sentiments about the video and practices.
I believe you just called me a liar buddy, so we are gonna do this..

You claimed yesterday on September 9th that I broke my leg “while walking on the ground”

Please explain these posts then-

Go to page #81 on the “Today” thread in the General Discussion section. Post #36 on June 24.. I explained how I broke my leg, and there was absolutely no mention of walking, nor has this post been edited.

Go to page #2 on the “My Video’s” thread in the BuzzFlix section. Post # 36 on August 7th. Again I explained how I broke my leg, and again there was absolutely no mention of walking, and again this post was not edited.

Being the nice guy that I am I’m gonna give you a chance to find a post in which me or anyone else here ( besides yourself) suggests that I broke my leg while walking on the ground. If you can not do so we are all gonna have to assume that you are in fact a liar. How ironic would be if the fella who was recently accusing a member here of being “ a lying sack of shit” himself turned out to be the liar...

owScott

Branched out member
We have had this discuusion on other threads. Our technique may differ slightly, I like a notch on top to release some pressure, but same concept. Knock a few chunks off the base and create some downward movement. I would have tried to fell it just like them but as soon as there was no movement I would have went straight to the slicing method. This is basic woods work 101. This is not 20+minutes of video worthy, not video worthy at all.
So we all get the concept, what is the term best used to describe this. Whether its a slice or a notch is " blocking from the base "the best term to describe this operation?

I believe you just called me a liar buddy, so we are gonna do this..

You claimed yesterday on September 9th that I broke my leg “while walking on the ground”

Please explain these posts then-

Go to page #81 on the “Today” thread in the General Discussion section. Post #36 on June 24.. I explained how I broke my leg, and there was absolutely no mention of walking, nor has this post been edited.

Go to page #2 on the “My Video’s” thread in the BuzzFlix section. Post # 36 on August 7th. Again I explained how I broke my leg, and again there was absolutely no mention of walking, and again this post was not edited.

Being the nice guy that I am I’m gonna give you a chance to find a post in which me or anyone else here ( besides yourself) suggests that I broke my leg while walking on the ground. If you can not do so we are all gonna have to assume that you are in fact a liar. How ironic would be if the fella who was recently accusing a member here of being “ a lying sack of shit” himself turned out to be the liar...
I can’t find those posts if you can post a link to it, did you edit and remove your link to your videos from the beginning of this thread? I don’t believe I’m remembering incorrectly that that log was on the ground, you can’t deflect and deny that you edited a bunch of your comments I should have screen shotted them before you deleted it. I think your approach to how you would have dealt with that hung up fir would have been spot on though, I really think you should call Jake and talk to him man to man so it’s not all just behind his back mainly because now that Jake is no longer with Eastside you two could join forces i think it could possibly be the most
Epic YouTube series yet with the young gun getting mentored and schooled on all his mistakes by the OG helmetless tree wizard, it would be some for real quality entertainment, mixing the mishaps that entertain and the serious learning moments and wisdom that decades of knowledge come with.

Last edited:

owScott

Branched out member
Just seems like common sense to me. Just part of my overall plan, eliminate any unnecesary risks when posssible.

rico

Been here a while
I can’t find those posts if you can post a link to it, did you edit and remove your link to your videos from the beginning of this thread? I don’t believe I’m remembering incorrectly that that log was on the ground, you can’t deflect and deny that you edited a bunch of your comments I should have screen shotted them before you deleted it. I think your approach to how you would have dealt with that hung up fir would have been spot on though, I really think you should call Jake and talk to him man to man so it’s not all just behind his back mainly because now that Jake is no longer with Eastside you two could join forces i think it could possibly be the most
Epic YouTube series yet with the young gun getting mentored and schooled on all his mistakes by the OG helmetless tree wizard, it would be some for real quality entertainment, mixing the mishaps that entertain and the serious learning moments and wisdom that decades of knowledge come with.

This was posted the day after my accident. Please notice that this post was never edited...

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 4.08.34 PM.png

This post was 5-6 weeks later, and I believe the only other time I gave any detail on what had happened. Please note that this post was also never edited..

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 4.09.53 PM.png

Since you are clearly as clueless as the days is long, I am gonna use a picture and a few words so you can grasp what bucking mill logs looks like in my day to day. Bucking a 20" mill log in around 42"- 48" of wood, on a tree that is technically "on the ground". What do reckon might happen if I came off of this log with a big saw in my hands, and landed awkwardly on some of the log shrapnel below?

IMG_0802.JPG

The time has come for you to either apologize for your false claim concerning my accident, or pony up some sort of proof to support your false claim. This subject is important to me, so the ball is in your court buddy..

ON A SIDE NOTE- I can't help but notice that 3 of your lat 6 post have been edited, including this post which I am replying to... Just sayin'

This was posted the day after my accident. Please notice that this post was never edited...

View attachment 77852

This post was 5-6 weeks later, and I believe the only other time I gave any detail on what had happened. Please note that this post was also never edited..

View attachment 77854

Since you are clearly as clueless as the days is long, I am gonna use a picture and a few words so you can grasp what bucking mill logs looks like in my day to day. Bucking a 20" mill log in around 42"- 48" of wood, on a tree that is technically "on the ground". What do reckon might happen if I came off of this log with a big saw in my hands, and landed awkwardly on some of the log shrapnel below?

View attachment 77855

The time has come for you to either apologize for your false claim concerning my accident, or pony up some sort of proof to support your false claim. This subject is important to me, so the ball is in your court buddy..

ON A SIDE NOTE- I can't help but notice that 3 of your lat 6 post have been edited, including this post which I am replying to... Just sayin'
Yeah just edited for grammar after re-reading I’m talking about we both know you completely edited your Other comments, there’s the point again, hurt comming off a log (on the ground) simply bucking it up and you told me you weren’t working and it wasn’t a mistake, I’m pretty sure we both got the point of each other’s points.

evo

Been here a while
Yeah just edited for grammar after re-reading I’m talking about we both know you completely edited your Other comments, there’s the point again, hurt comming off a log (on the ground) simply bucking it up and you told me you weren’t working and it wasn’t a mistake, I’m pretty sure we both got the point of each other’s points.
Who the fuck cares, I know nothing of you or your character. Luckily I cannot say the same about Rico. Big fucken whoop if he edited or deleted anything. He’s gone well above and beyond than any single member here for me and my family. It doesn’t matter how in the hell he broke his leg, it’s fucken broken.
What are you getting out of all of this shit sturing? Chill the hell out and get off your high horse. We all have our shit, some of us are quicker to admit it than others

rico

Been here a while
So "I told you I wasn't working" when my accident occured ? Pure fucking rubbish, but you already know that.

Here I am asked by Steve on August 7th if my injury was work related, and I answer in the affirmative..Plain as fucking day buddy, and once again never edited.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 4.09.53 PM.png

I never said "there wasn't a mistake" What I said (post never edited) was that my accident was not a result of a mistake on my part. Again, plain as fucking day, and I will let you figure out what that statement implies.

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 7.32.38 PM.png

Now I can continue showing just how utterly full of shit you are, or you can man up and simply apologize for your multiple falsehoods concerning my accident...Choice is your homie...

Last edited:
So "I told you I wasn't working" when my accident occured ? Pure fucking rubbish, but you already know that.

Here I am asked by Steve on August 7th if my injury was work related, and I answer in the affirmative..Plain as fucking day buddy, and once again never edited.

View attachment 77860

I never said "there wasn't a mistake" What I said (post never edited) was that my accident was not a result of a mistake on my part. Again, plain as fucking day, and I will let you figure out what that statement implies.

View attachment 77861

Now I can continue showing just how utterly full of shit you are, or you can man up and simply apologize for your multiple falsehoods concerning my accident...Choice is your homie...

You can pick and choice the points to respond to but I’m still waiting for answers, i don’t know why you lied about it previously then. And the whole point of this is when are you and Jake making your new video debuts? Or is Jake worried you’re going to pull the videos as soon as someone starts pointing out the mistakes you made?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom