BUYERS BEWARE!!!

treesap

It seems to me like a post listing various members would be cluttered and you'd have to read every post to find the member you want and to be sure that it is consistent. Post #1 of the thread may say that I'm a great seller then post #2053 says that I scammed someone.

If the effort was put in to create a system and IF the Moderators wanted this feature on their site, a feedback system on each member's profile like on Ebay is likely the best solution. A simple 1-5 of how good each transaction went, allowing future buyers to see how many times a certain member has sold and how satisfied the buyers were.
you could sort by username using ctrl + F, then type in the name of the seller

Cereal_Killer

Another noobie scammer; Treelover989's, he's running several WTB's here, I urge you to avoid at all costs! He's trying a PayPal scam on me, doing OK fighting it but gonna have to video myself opening the package he returns to me as I highly doubt the safeblock I sold him will be inside...

3 days after paying he opened a claim, he's now changed it to item not as described. Calling PayPal tonight when I get home to let them know I don't accept returns on life safety equipment, will update with the final outcome but odds are he's just a straight up scammer.

Tuebor

Amtrak employee accused of selling stolen chainsaws worth $50K in Michigan, other states

Jose Rodriguez, 48, of Brick, New Jersey, has been charged with one count of theft from an agency receiving federal funds and one count of theft of government property, Acting U.S. Attorney Rachael A. Honig announced Tuesday.

Rodriguez, an Amtrak employee since October 2007, most recently served as a senior engineer and repairman based out of an Amtrak facility in North Brunswick, New Jersey.

Between August 2016 and July 2020, Rodriguez allegedly obtained 77 chainsaws, 103 bars, and 163 chains from Amtrak which he then sold to people in in Pennsylvania, Michigan, West Virginia, Ohio, Illinois, California and South Carolina by using an online auction service.

treesap

funny thing is, as an engineer he would be on his way to over $100K/yr but now he has nothing, all over some chainsaws

some people are quite "Special"

CL8-O

Could new users be placed on probation and banned from using treebay until they reach a set milestone? Maybe new users would have to wait 90 days to use treebay or post 30 times or something similar.

My rule on treebay is to only buy stuff from well-known members or members that are actively posting and contributing.
That sounds fair but can new members still buy?

Cereal_Killer

@Jonny read my story above, the only payment I'll accept from new members anymore is PayPal F&F. Got scammed by a noob, almost got me too (thank God I had the foresight to get a drop off receipt, just the tracking wasn't good enough)

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
FYI

There isn't going to be and over sight or regulation of Treebay beyond what is in place now.
If we're going to monitor people and payment we would actually set everything up with a Treebuzz Ebay account and collect fees. Pretty soon Mark and I will be shrubing shoulders with the likes of Pierre Omidyar and Elan Musk

Jonny

@Jonny read my story above, the only payment I'll accept from new members anymore is PayPal F&F. Got scammed by a noob, almost got me too (thank God I had the foresight to get a drop off receipt, just the tracking wasn't good enough)
Yea I was backwards. I buy from strangers with Goods and Services. Easier to get my money back.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo
Top Bottom