Brand new ms661 bog (Mtronic 3.0)

Jonny

Is it still under warranty?
Just to be clear, it runs great after warmed up, but warm up takes a long time?

LordFarkwad

Is it still under warranty?
Just to be clear, it runs great after warmed up, but warm up takes a long time?
100% still under warranty. However, calibrating Mtronic seemed to clear things up. I put a tank through it and it is 100%. Could have been confounding factors that contributed: old-ish fuel and not letting it warm up for a couple of minutes.

LordFarkwad

An update...

This thing became a different saw after about 10 tanks. Holy crap. I can lean on it now. Still takes a while to warm up, but once it does...dag. it's scary

chep

I was having carb issues with my 661 seemed like the air filter was not making a good deal to the houseing.
Solution: take some grease and goop up around the air filter where it seats against carb body. Apply liberally. It will help create a deal against dust & shit getting through the gap. No more carb problems since. I am doing g it on all my stihls now and have been really pleased. The carbs are so sensitive it's worth a try

Birdyman88

And also, do y'all mix a few gallons at a time, or what?
I have 5 gal and a 2.5 gal all mixed 50:1 with Stabil fuel stabilizer. Someone mentioned using the puregas.org site. Do it. Find a dealer that sells 93 non-E, mix it with the Stihl ultra synthetic oil and dont look back.

As far as the saw bogging, almost every saw I own does that right off a cold crank, including my mtronics - 241 v2, 362 v3, 661 v2. The best saw is a 271 which takes almost no time to start ripping. It also my oldest saw.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom