Branch Manager Grapple.

Merle Nelson

@Merle Nelson
They are in standard production! The teeth themselves help a bit to just dig into oversized wood and keep a firm grip on it. What is probably the largest help is a check cylinder. No more bumping your hydraulics to maintain grip.

Currently it's offered as an upgrade option, also as a drop in replacement for your current model.

Pictures attached of pinching a cookie. That grapple actually didn't have the teeth and was an early check cylinder prototype.
View attachment 65588 View attachment 65589 View attachment 65591 View attachment 65590

Here's a video from that photoshoot showing off our T1001 BMG

Thanks,
-Blake

Blake, thanks for the answer. I would like a cylinder with a check valve and might as well get a couple of the long replacement hoses as back up. Maybe PM me with a price and best way to communicate with you directly about business. Thanks again.

southsoundtree

I'm not sure if a Mini and BMG can out-work PITA laborers. I mean, I did this job basically by myself, but could only lift one end at a time in the biggest butt log, 16'10" Doug-fir for the mill. The BMG didn't get every bit and branch fed to the chipper.

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_135745266.jpg
    IMG_20200220_135745266.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 71

tnttree

seen a couple guys stick it in the top tube between the pushers
Butt ..... then its in the way of the pushers

""store the bmg hitch on the machine or attachment? ""
thought over and over about that and I cannot think of a cheap cost way to do it

Anybody bright minds come up with a solution let me know

Jehinten

seen a couple guys stick it in the top tube between the pushers
Butt ..... then its in the way of the pushers

""store the bmg hitch on the machine or attachment? ""
thought over and over about that and I cannot think of a cheap cost way to do it

Anybody bright minds come up with a solution let me know

Seems like it'd be best to keep it on the trailer that gets towed. I tend to keep mine on my truck which towed the trailer to the job, so that its convenient.

evo

Weld a 2" long piece of the 3" square tubing on the vertical between the mounting plate and the bollards, and then weld two fingers one on either side of the horizontal 3" between the saw scabbard and bollards.
There is a 90 degree bend there it can nest ontop of that and be out of the way of everything.

tnttree

Weld a 2" long piece of the 3" square tubing on the vertical between the mounting plate and the bollards, and then weld two fingers one on either side of the horizontal 3" between the saw scabbard and bollards.
There is a 90 degree bend there it can nest ontop of that and be out of the way of everything.
Doesn't that bugger the Bollards?

behind the upright - could bugger or interfere with the tilt back function of your machine

maybe make a mount near the hitch of your trailer - or chipper. Where ever you think you will use it the most
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: maybe buy additional ones for each piece of equipment where you might need one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sorry my sales mentality kicked in

evo

It would impede on the bollards a little, but easy enough as the bollards don’t come out to play nearly as much as the hitch receiver (in my op). I’ll slap it on in that location but pretty sure it wouldn’t affect the tilt on my machine in the least.

Fivepoints

Thanks for the heads up. I've been running my Avant 528 like anything I could lift or push or pull was fine, it would either do it or nother have the power to do it.
I still do that anyway. A new rod was around $120 and a seal kit was $50. It happened once in years of doing tree work with it. I think its way worse if you are curled down almost all the way.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom