Branch Manager Grapple.

DTW902

Finally got home to take a look at my new grapple from Dave (tnttree). It's still on the pallet but will be on the bobcat soon enough. Thanks for the fast delivery Dave, I'll get more pictures of it mounted on the bobcat.

Well better change these while I'm at it.
Need to figure a way to im-bed pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: DTS

tnttree

Thanks for your Biz Dave and Gary!! Now draggin and humpin can be Enjoyable . . .share some extreme mini draggin pictures ~ they make every bodys back feel better

Waratah

My BMG for my Bobcat just arrived in Sydney today iam just wating for it to get through customs, so i might get early next year.

cant wait to use it and i to will post pic of my bobcat working with the BMG.

PS Thanks to dave for all his help.

KentuckySawyer

Hey Dave,

Is there a trick to hooking up the remotes to the Grapple? When we try to connect them, one guy has to do the couplers while the other bumps the hydraulic lever. Both of them are usually cussing. Whats the trick?

MikePoor

I'd like to nominate Dave (TNTtree) for an award for taking the back work out of ground work! Seriously that little machine could be the best tool I've ever bought. Dtw904 i like the way you think! You are going to have a "killer" back yard set up with the mini grapple and that spider lift! with very little grunt work!

Tom Dunlap

Here from the beginning
Administrator
KS,

When I had my front end loader I had the same problem when I attached the quick connects.

Here is what I did:

Turn motor off
Operate hydraulic valve both ways to relieve detent pressure in the lines

This backs off the pressure on the backside of the check balls in the quick connects.

When you disconnect the attachment be sure to neutralize pressure in the attachment hydraulics too.

On my loader I had forks with a two finger grapple that came down over the top. If the hose got snagged and pulled out of the quick connect when the grapple cylinder was up we had to poke the ball in the QC and spray fluid in order to reconnect. A mess for sure.

Mr_Ed

What Tom said. Sometimes it helps to flip the auxilary backwards and forwards rapidly. Part of the problem is the new type non drip connectors, that lock up real easy. The older type push fits are easy to de - pressure, you just hit the nipple against something to bleed off a little pressure.

KentuckySawyer

[ QUOTE ]
do you have the machine off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually its on when we're trying to swap implements.

Thanks for the input, Tom. I'll try you're suggestions next time we need the grapple.

KentuckySawyer

[ QUOTE ]

When you disconnect the attachment be sure to neutralize pressure in the attachment hydraulics too.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean? By leaving the grapple with the cylinder's piston all the way in? Hence purging most of the fluid from the implements system?

tnttree

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean? By leaving the grapple with the cylinder's piston all the way in? Hence purging most of the fluid from the implements system?

[/ QUOTE ]
Like Tom and Ed said is about all you can do.
No you wouldnt want the extra pressure of the cylinder being fully extended or retracted. The New Flat faces are a PITB no doubt. The "New" connect under pressure connectors I am using are supposed to help relieve a minute amount of the pressure in the attachment lines making it easier but I havn't noticed a big difference.

I really did like the old poppet style, put a rag over them and tap the ball on somthing . . . and walla the swearing stops!

colb

Wow, I emailed Branch Manager to get the spec on the bmg hydraulic ram so I could turf up an o ring for it. They are just sending me a new cylinder for free. Couldn't talk them out of it. It's like this every time I interact with them.

This is one of the great companies in America. They designed a superior money-making product, and they support the clients impeccably.

Merle Nelson

If anyone wants to solve the above problem with a little money and a little bit of hardware and be able to leave the engine running you could buy and install the Avant coupler system.

Colb,

Thanks a bunch for the kind words!

If anyone wants to solve the above problem with a little money and a little bit of hardware and be able to leave the engine running you could buy and install the Avant coupler system.
We have a kit available similar to the Avant to swap over a machine to that FasterConnect cam system. Originally intended for the Giant 254T loaders but people have converted their Vermeer, Ditch Witch, etc.

Same origin as the Avant cam system but with single auxiliary (2 hoses) instead of their 4 port version. Keeps the price and form factor lower. Our kit has the bracketing for the Giant 254T that you can use as a jumping point for your machine.

Attachments

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom