Another aerial friction rigging device?

RyTheTreeGuy

This looks like a wicked cool tool to add to the tool box...has my brain thinking of other applications and if they would improve with this device. So far I am thinking it would be great for a span rig friction device as well as really good controlled speed line brake...possibly hands free if you can dial in the friction...keep on keeping on in your pursuit of progression. Cheers

surveyor

Could the end of the pin which holds the swivel have a head which engages a slot in the side plate when closed?
Edit: Nevermind, I see that the pin does engage a slot there

However, I think a head in a slot would aid in strengthening any sideload that the side plate may experience.

Last edited:

96coal449

Already mentioned but,
My name is available for a listing on one of these!
Being mid line attachable and lightweight has my complete attention.
I would also be interested in a 5/8" rope capacity model. Like the big Omni block. I have working ropes of 1/2, 5/8, and a 9/16ths...... would be beneficial to use a 9/16 bull rope for the tops with this slick device and then switch to conventional negative rigging using the same rope.

JMerritt

This looks like a wicked cool tool to add to the tool box...has my brain thinking of other applications and if they would improve with this device. So far I am thinking it would be great for a span rig friction device as well as really good controlled speed line brake...possibly hands free if you can dial in the friction...keep on keeping on in your pursuit of progression. Cheers
It works great as a speed line control break. Also works on the tail end of the speed line to hold tension. It can be used in a 2 or 3:1 pulling setup to pull and hold tension when felling. It works well as a rigging control line for slowing down a big swing or in a two rope rigging scenario. It can be slung to the base of the tree and used like a traditional basal mounted friction device. It can be rigged in a double whip tackle setup to lift limbs or rigg heavy pieces...

RyTheTreeGuy

It works great as a speed line control break. Also works on the tail end of the speed line to hold tension. It can be used in a 2 or 3:1 pulling setup to pull and hold tension when felling. It works well as a rigging control line for slowing down a big swing or in a two rope rigging scenario. It can be slung to the base of the tree and used like a traditional basal mounted friction device. It can be rigged in a double whip tackle setup to lift limbs or rigg heavy pieces...
Add my name to the list as well...gotta get on this train of awesome

39Buick

Are the wear points hardened? Being that the friction points are built into the device, how long will the block last before having to be replaced? Or would this even be a factor based on the materials that it is built from?
I wish I could get my hands on one! such a cool design!

JMerritt

Are the wear points hardened? Being that the friction points are built into the device, how long will the block last before having to be replaced? Or would this even be a factor based on the materials that it is built from?
I wish I could get my hands on one! such a cool design!
Wear is the big unknown on this project. The longest used prototype I have definitely shows wearing, but hasn’t got to the point where it effected functionality. This next batch is going to be designed with a replaceable and flip able lower bollard. The main bollard is big enough and has a large surface such that I doubt it will need replacing.

Chaplain242

Wear is the big unknown on this project. The longest used prototype I have definitely shows wearing, but hasn’t got to the point where it effected functionality. This next batch is going to be designed with a replaceable and flip able lower bollard. The main bollard is big enough and has a large surface such that I doubt it will need replacing.
+1 for list

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom