Alex Black

treehumper

This really sucks to read. Bottomline is we have an inherently dangerous job and random shit happens. Years ago I fell 37 feet due to a handled rope ascender cam coming off after a tiny circlip came off and the pin fell out. It wasn't backed up which was dumb but this was before I was on the forums so didn't know better. This year one of my guys tripped on a vine and cut his leg with 371.

Shit happens, only thing I can say is we should be paid better so there's less pressure to rock it out. Even so I guess that wouldn't have negated my stuff as it wasn't due to rushing..

Let me know if there is a fund set up for the family
We will only get paid better when we actually embrace the concept of selling the true value of the service we bring. Too much emphasis is placed on the physical work and not enough on the knowledge, experience, education, training and more importantly, safety factors.

kevincc

My understanding from a crane operator who was in contact with Mike Shreiner was that he was taking a top out, didnt have a second tie in, and his lanyard slipped up over the top of the trunk as the top either came off or went over and made contact with the trunk(if he was rigging it down). Very sad situation. I've been curious on the details of what actually happened, so I apologize in advance if this information is not completely true.

Mark Chisholm

Administrator
Administrator
My understanding from a crane operator who was in contact with Mike Shreiner was that he was taking a top out, didnt have a second tie in, and his lanyard slipped up over the top of the trunk as the top either came off or went over and made contact with the trunk(if he was rigging it down). Very sad situation. I've been curious on the details of what actually happened, so I apologize in advance if this information is not completely true.
Yeah, that's not what the guys on the site said or others that have visited it. I am hoping for some more info to share soon. Sorry.

treehumper

just letting people know how to sign up for it..
Ahhh. I get it and was expecting to see a report of his incident. It’s a useful report but one that underscores the absurdity of the number of accidents and death in our business.