Accident report on Facebook

treegongfu

Branched out member
I've been using a camp Gyro. It is amazing because it Is so small and lite and allows for two independently swiveling attachment points.

I've tried the Rook thing. It is crazy having that big chunk of metal on your bridge and I found a pulley on the bridge makes for more eratic movement.

rico

Been here a while
like I said, ive tried it and like it

you dont have the foggiest idea what experience I have
Your words son- "messing around in the house I put a hitchclimber on my bridge and it was awesome, I might have to get a small omniblock in the future"

So yea, you just told us you have NO ACTUAL Experience with a pulley on your bridge. As such I was suggesting that you might want to do some actual climbing with one before you go spend money on an expensive pulley... Having a pulley on your bridge sounds great in theory, but many find it too fast, jumpy, and erratic, which leads to an unstable and tiring climb. Rings seem to add just the right amount of friction, which leads to a more comfortable and fluid ride.

Last edited:

treesap

Participating member
Your words son- "messing around in the house I put a hitchclimber on my bridge and it was awesome, I might have to get a small omniblock in the future"

So yea, you just told us you have NO ACTUAL Experience with a pulley on your bridge. As such I was suggesting that you might want to do some actual climbing with one before you go spend money on an expensive pulley... Having a pulley on your bridge sounds great in theory, but many/most find it too fast, jumpy, and erratic, which leads to an unstable and tiring climb. Rings seem to add just the right amount of friction, which leads to a more comfortable and fluid ride.
maybe I have gone out and tried it?

Reach

Been here a while
Gearheaditis

Beware
I think every climber has a gear addiction of some sort. My problem is, I have a lot of climbing gear I don’t use, so I buy bigger things… Why do I have two trucks we never use? (Maybe I’ll use them again some time?) Or three commercial mowers? (They’re all different sizes, and I might use the two smaller ones again some day…) Sixteen chainsaws really isn’t too many, is it?

treesap

Participating member
I like my Rook on my bridge. The lack of friction took a little getting used to, but it wasn’t too bad.

Also there’s a neat way to use the Rook for a lanyard adjuster with bulk hitch cord and stopper knots.
View attachment 77137 View attachment 77138
looks like an extremely expensive lanyard adjuster

but, in comparison to a more common "lanyard adjuster" its pretty cheap (im talking about that blue thing)

rico

Been here a while
I like my Rook on my bridge. The lack of friction took a little getting used to, but it wasn’t too bad.

Also there’s a neat way to use the Rook for a lanyard adjuster with bulk hitch cord and stopper knots.
View attachment 77137 View attachment 77138
I spent enough time with a pulley on my bridge to know that it wasn't for me..I found it to be counter productive, and an energy drain..

I dig what you have done with the rook on your lanyard though..No need for eyes (cheap), and you can get the length of your hitch perfectly dialed. Unfortunately it will only fit 1/2" rope, which makes it a no go for me.

Last edited:

Jonny

Been here a while
I dig what you have done with the rook on your lanyard though..No need for eyes (cheap), and you can get the length of your hitch perfectly dialed. Unfortunately it will only fit 1/2" rope, which makes it a no go for me.
Rock Exotica or another manufacturer should build a micro pulley with a small 3 hole rigging plate as the attachment point mounted 90 degrees to the sheave. So just like it sits in my pic of the lanyard, but no swivel. Aside from the sheave, nut, and bolt, the body could probably all just be one piece.

rico

Been here a while
Rock Exotica or another manufacturer should build a micro pulley with a small 3 hole rigging plate as the attachment point mounted 90 degrees to the sheave. So just like it sits in my pic of the lanyard, but no swivel. Aside from the sheave, nut, and bolt, the body could probably all just be one piece.
I very rarely climb on 1/2" flip-lines, but If they would make something similar that was 5/8" compatible I would probably buy one..

Last edited:

Chris Schultz

Participating member
Bumping this thread cuz I saw it on Facebook. Apparently this is the Guilty of Treeson guys on YouTube, but so far that’s not verified. Two injuries.

I sincerely hope everyone comes out of this with no permanent injury.
View attachment 77717 View attachment 77718 View attachment 77719
Holy fuck. That does look like EastSide Treework (the company guilty treeson Works for) stickers if you zoom in on the truck. Those guys do legit work too…. That is scary.

Reach

Been here a while
Wow, that’s no good! I hope nobody was hurt! I must comment on that crane though, there’s three of that model locally, and they’ve all had fairly major failures in one way or another. Makes me wonder a bit about the design, although that tipped crane is different from the boom failures that have occurred locally.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom