I set the tension on the slingshot based on getting a flat enough trajectory when throwing throwing into a tight window. It's going to overthrow but better chance I'll get it through the target. The comic/tragedy thing on high velocity throws is if you get a deflection off firm wood all bets are...
With a hand throw you are less likely to overthrow, less branches to pull the bag back through and create the rope path you want. With line launchers it's more likely to overthrow. Working the bag back from a long throw is a skill unto itself, more opportunities to get the throw bag stuck. Line...
Yeah it works great. A friend made it for me. It's a square of landing net sewn into the bottom of a laundry bag.
Duane Hook in Ohio has come up with an even better grab bag, finger openings in the bottom of a bag reinforced by machine stitching. Hoping that he'll make another batch...
Climbing around in small trees is the same as being in the high tops of big trees only you're closer to the ground. Captain Hook is very helpful in situations like this.
My best quote from this one "Pruning park trees without permission".
-AJ
While I watch the Denis Rancourt PhD (Doctorate in Physics 1984) vid you might want to read this report on his Covid vaccine death claims.
https://science.feedback.org/review/analysis-claiming-covid-19-vaccines-killed-17-million-people-flawed/
This is an engaging presentation on expectation...
Yeah, I have a mental list of crane services, or primarily bucket/climber crews of different capabilities etc that I refer my regular or potentially new customers to when I don't have the bandwidth for a job or just not in the mood to beat the crap out of myself getting the job done.
It's...
The discerning scientist or layperson reassess conclusions when credible new data or information becomes known. Condemning science or scientists makes absolutely no sense. Science is not a free-standing entity, it is the practice of humans attempting to make sense of the world and solve...
Yeah, the .edu link is simply an overview with a few details of Bubonic Plague in the Middle Ages, and its likely mode of transport from Asian origins to Europe. Parallels to modern times and a reminder of how weirdly mundane the origins of global pandemics can be.
My favorite quote from a...
Daniel, you obviously didn't read with what I wrote. Why would you disagree, it's stuff that's plain in-your-face. I take your bait from time-to-time because everyone needs to be challenged on what they assert whether it's true or not.
One of my favorite comments from a fellow climber when I'm...
Not bothering to watch that, so bored with Bill Gates and the Trump DOJ scapegoating campaign against Fauci et al.
Of course another pandemic is "imminent". Imminent could be 5 minutes from now or ten years or whenever it happens next.
Homo sapiens are red meat waiting for another...
No interesting bore cuts or quirky hinge mods in punky wood but... this is an unintended tutorial on approaching the kind of cat that won't jump in your lap when you reach it.
This Quercus velutina is a fantastic tree, the cat has good taste for sure. The Boston neighborhood where this...
Glad you dig it! I watched that fine human navigate around the retreat center grounds below me as I guided climbers for two days and started up a conversation with her at dinner. I proposed that she climb and she was more than on board. Opportunities like that can't be anticipated but I'm glad...
Through the month of July I ran two weekends of guided climbs at a retreat center in the White Mountains near Conway, New Hampshire. This climber is not "sighted" but was amazing to coach from the ground up to a high anchor in a big white pine.
The climber is an impressive person in her own...