Search results

  1. Jehinten

    mini grapples.

    Who here runs a grapple rake style grapple for a mini skidsteer? What brand do you have? Pros and cons? I bought a cheap one just to see if I liked it. It works great for my business 85-90% of the time. I also have a BMG for when it won't work or if the BMG will do a certain job better...
  2. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    That's what I did on the stumps for today. It's a learning curve like when I started bidding removals and pruning. These stumps I gave them the price I normally would have for digging out and filling with dirt, but just for backfilling with grindings and hauling off the excess. Then an...
  3. Jehinten

    Adapter for Avant to skid loader or mini?

    I wouldn't be concerned with losing too much capacity by adding an adapter to use mini skid attachments. The reason being is the mini attachments are built for a smaller machine to operate them. Using your machine at full capacity with a mini attachment would likely damage the attachment...
  4. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I can't say that I feel particularly good about it. It gets the job done and is better than a shovel and wheelbarrow for sure. It may also be that I just need to raise my rate for this service and accept that it is a time draw. As it is, I do not currently make the same per hour as I...
  5. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I priced them today. The power rake attachment is $380 and the Kombi is $550 plus tax. I can definitely see where they'd work well for a smaller stump or limited equipment access. I have a 6' BMG rake followed up by a backpack blower. I'll probably get one of those eventually, but...
  6. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I've always steered away from this due to not being able to haul a grinder in my current setup. This means a separate trip and the extra time on site. That said with now doing clean up, I'm making that separate trip regardless. Its something to think about. On the other hand, I have a...
  7. Jehinten

    Skylining micro-chipper into forested work site...ideas.

    A video comes to mind of the DMM hubs when they first came out. Possibly still in the prototype phase. The Keanu and a larger version (I forget the name) That may be what your thinking of.
  8. Jehinten

    Skylining micro-chipper into forested work site...ideas.

    Without knowing the terrain, 75' is a fairly short distance. A 50ton crane can reach 90' horizontal. Can you just have a crane on site? I'm assuming with the use of such a small chipper that the amount of debris could be chipped during the cranes minimum? Or just hoist the brush out and...
  9. Jehinten

    Grapple - anybody have an Avant's grapple?

    Have you looked into the ditch witch Zahn? It doesn't have as impressive lift capacity as the bigger mini skids, but it is articulated and has wheels for less turf damage. I've seen videos of them run with duallies and foam filled for higher capacity. I can't speak for each mini skid, but...
  10. Jehinten

    Soft shackles for flags

    A thought on keeping the Prussik from slipping. You could tie an alpine butterfly in the halyard at the location of the top flag attachment and use a soft shackle to attach to it. Then prussiks for attachment points below at the appropriate points. The alpine butterfly would knot block the...
  11. Jehinten

    Bandit SG-75

    Im just brainstorming here, but what if you removed the sections colored in red. Then raise the dump plate up a few inches to clear the tracks? Granted the front edge may have a few grindings on it still, but thats the easiest point to reach to kick them off.
  12. Jehinten

    Bandit SG-75

    That's exactly why he said he added it, to prevent leaving a trail when going from stump to stump. I could see folding being nice, however it also leaves an opportunity for one to get hinged into an upright position and to hit the grinder when you actuate it. Perhaps a thin sheet metal...
  13. Jehinten

    Bandit SG-75

    It seems to work very well. He has a lot of time in it in from conception and trial and error to now but he's 99% done with it and likes it. He plans to replace the diverter valve this winter with an electric one so all he has to do is flip a switch. Currently he opens the door and operates...
  14. Jehinten

    Bandit SG-75

    He said he is running it off of a diverter valve off of the blade. . The outer edges bolt on, allowing them to come off and narrow the tracks for going through gates.
  15. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    In my opinion they are similar speed to moving chips. Probably more secure than driving long distance with a heaping bucket and losing chips along the way. The big thing with my previous mini, I didn't have a lot of traction. It was a wheeled machine that I kept slick tires on for grass...
  16. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I was leaning towards that when typing this post. Possibly a standard service of just leveling off the chips, and an upgraded (Possibly quoted too high to be considered ) service of putting down topsoil. A dump trailer is on the radar. I was set to buy one when my truck went in the shop...
  17. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I own these, but rarely use them anymore. Perhaps with the increasing stump clean up I will start using them again.
  18. Jehinten

    Stump clean up efficiency

    I don't use a trailer. The only trailer on site is an enclosed trailer. I am currently using bagsters.
  19. Jehinten

    Bandit SG-75

    I don't often see him grinding, he comes a day later, but I can ask him for pics/video
  20. Jehinten

    Bandit SG-75

    My subcontractor has this grinder. He's coming from a vermeer sc60tx and he loves the bandit. I don't have any pictures of it, or know if it's custom or an available mod, but he added a cylinder and mat over the carriage. As it builds up with chips while he grinds, he can press a button...

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom