Search results

  1. Muggs

    Chainsaw Shopping

    My 572XP runs a 36" skip chain all day, 3/8, 058. Modded it would be even better, obviously. Used to run my 36" on a 395 XP , but that saw is in rough shape these past couple years, so I started just throwing it on the 572 and have been very happy with it. I also keep a 575XP and a 461 with 28"...
  2. Muggs

    Songs of Perfection

    Pink Moon is incredible, I revisit it a couple times a year at least.
  3. Muggs

    Better than Felco #2?

    Clearly I have lead a very sheltered life
  4. Muggs

    Finish / texture on Apex wrench's cam

    I bought my Apex used so I can't say how it started out. But I remember looking at the cam when I got it and wondering about the material and how it would hold up. No worries so far, it's been good, been on it for over a year off and on (I climb more on a Bone than anything else)
  5. Muggs

    Better than Felco #2?

    Well I've never tried Felco's, they look amazing. But compared to all the bypass loppers I've tried, a good pair of anvil loppers is hard to beat.
  6. Muggs

    Better than Felco #2?

    Wolfgarten anvil loppers This is closest to the one that I like, which they don't make anymore.
  7. Muggs

    Better than Felco #2?

    I prefer anvil pruners to bypass, for secateurs and loppers. I've had the same Wolfgarten anvil loppers for 17 years, love them for reduction work. Had their secateurs also but they grew legs and walked away.
  8. Muggs

    Arbsession Caralink v2 Tether SRT Setup

    Nice setup there Ed. You like that hitch breaker eh? I've never tried one. Love the special ShoeGoo solution for holding things together like that, strong and flexible. I did mine like that now too. Hard to see in the picture, holds the krab in place...
  9. Muggs

    New websites are a tool, yes?

    I built my site in 2012. It's not mobile optimized, needs updating. www.conservatree.ca.
  10. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    @Matias Yeah but I have a hard time believing this affects type 1 fibres in the same way... don't they say that dyneema is as slippery as teflon?
  11. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    I have long wondered how much the bury affects the strength, behind the 2 locking brummels...
  12. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    Samson recommends full bury, it is supposed to be stronger. I don't think their splicing manual even shows how to do brummels. Really looking forward to seeing the results from your deadeyes John.
  13. Muggs

    Port a wrap spliced onto a loopie

    Even though loopies are stronger than whoopies or deadeyes, I still wouldn't use them for a porta-wrap. They are a pain to adjust on bigger diameter stems. I would just bump up my cordage size and use the type of slings that you prefer. I've had my old porty on a 16ft ultra sling 7/8" for years...
  14. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    Would be cool for the nerds to see 2 deadeyes: one with locking brummels and one with just a straight bury
  15. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    I think I was talking about whoopies but yeah, I haven't used either in years. I'm definitely going to play with the loopie again after seeing these results. Wish there was the same test done on a deadeye to compare...
  16. Muggs

    Ultra sling vs deadeye: double the strength?

    Amazing, thank you. I too stopped using loopies a long time ago because of the tedious adjustment. I'll take another look at them. Loopie and ultra sling both broke well above average MBS... How big was the bollard in the test?
  17. Muggs

    GIF of rigging tackle—-very cool

    Such a terrible video too, the one he was selling for $50 to teach the hitch. Jeff sent me a copy last year. I was going to digitize it and put it up but it's so bad I changed my mind.
  18. Muggs

    GIF of rigging tackle—-very cool

    Blake originally called it the Gripper hitch, not sure if it was him or others who later named it the Blake's hitch...
  19. Muggs

    GIF of rigging tackle—-very cool

    Double whip tackle is the basis of modern double-blocking and span rigging technique. Great page there Tom.
  20. Muggs

    Make Us Laugh :)

    Firewood delivery service

New threads New posts

Back
Top Bottom