I've never actually used a canobase, just thinking about it a lot after the last mature pin oak I pruned.
My canopy anchor has always been an alpine butterfly with a quickie or a screw link. Super simple and easy to set up, but even one redirect makes it a pain to retrieve.
Anyone have advice on a canopy anchor that will let you retrieve after having taken several redirects?
It seems like a canobase set with an adjustable friction saver is hard to beat. Anyone have pictures of this?
Also, can someone explain a soft 8 to me? I don't quite understand what the...
I ended up getting the comfort backpad. I didn't like it at first, the saddle felt too big, it felt NOTICABLY heavier. The OG padding felt like it fit so well, and the comfort pad did not feel that way at all. That being said, after giving the comfort pad a try for a few weeks, I switched back...
I played around with a SJ3, and found that it really did not work well when run over a natural crotch, and/or when you got close to your tie in point and the two legs or rope grew further apart as they entered the device.
Anyone with experience with the SJ2.1 know if it has the same problem?
Anyone tried putting the comfort backpad on the super light Treemotion?
Does it make a huge difference? It kind of looks like it might be too wide to fit the saddle well.
Where do you get your Crows? I'm having a hard time finding them in my size online. Also, do they fit pretty true to size? The last 2 pairs of boots I bought in 9.5's made me think I should move up to a 10.
Just getting into splicing and working on putting a tight eye on Samson Velocity, and I cannot for the life of me get the hang of extracting the core from the jacket. I've tried a marlin spike, sweedish fid, and wire fid.
Any tips/tricks I am missing?
The company I work for just bought a truck, and the seller threw in a few saws with it. Among those saws are a Husqvarna Rancher 450 with a 20" bar and safety chain, and a 372 with a 32" bar (I think).
Having never used the 450 before, I liked the saw at first, but less and less the more I use...
I've got 200' of Yale 11mm Kernmaster with no splices. A few inches of core milked out of both ends as soon as I started using it, but now it seems to have "settled".
I'd like to whip both ends, but I'm not sure if that would make the core more inclined to bunch up somewhere in the jacket, or...
Climbed on dragonfly at my last job for a minute and loved it. Mostly SRS, MRS now and then.
Now I'm on Yale Kernmaster (which seems to be a not-as-good dragonfly). I find it very good dor SRS, and okay for MRS, but I find I don't like having to grip it MRS, the thin diameter fatigues my...
Shot in the dark, but does anyone know if it's possible to get just the lower D-rings that go with the EVO? I'd like to put them on my S.light if possible. I would love to have a second bridge without having to tie it on to my D rings because use my lower D's almost exclusively.
Cool. I'll be making a wire fid at some point then. Thanks, dudes.
When you guys are splicing, how closely do you follow the manufacturer's instructions? I'm assuming you can only deviate so far, if you're going to at all, but for example, if you cut more strands during a taper than the...
Working on my first splice, I have a hank of Samson Velocity that is brand new, so I figured I'd try a tight eye on it.
I've gotten to the point where I need to burry the core back into the rope (step 6 in Samson's instructions), and my fid just doesn't seem to want to go through anymore...
Anyone have any experience with Imori?
I've heard people say it's bouncier than Ivy, but I'm curious how much more elasticity it has. Any other ropes you would compare it to, elasticity wise?
And is it noticably easier to grip than other ropes of its size?