New (to me) saws

dtreez

The company I work for just bought a truck, and the seller threw in a few saws with it. Among those saws are a Husqvarna Rancher 450 with a 20" bar and safety chain, and a 372 with a 32" bar (I think).

Having never used the 450 before, I liked the saw at first, but less and less the more I use it. It is light, so for a small ground saw, it will get the job done for now.

The 372 seems like it's having a hard time pulling a 32" bar. Is that too much bar for the saw? Husqvarna's website recommends not going more than 28", but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with it.

Jehinten

The company I work for just bought a truck, and the seller threw in a few saws with it. Among those saws are a Husqvarna Rancher 450 with a 20" bar and safety chain, and a 372 with a 32" bar (I think).

Having never used the 450 before, I liked the saw at first, but less and less the more I use it. It is light, so for a small ground saw, it will get the job done for now.

The 372 seems like it's having a hard time pulling a 32" bar. Is that too much bar for the saw? Husqvarna's website recommends not going more than 28", but I wanted to see if anyone else had experience with it.
I've run a 372 a few times with a 32, it pulls it with no problem in hardwoods. My only complaint with it, is that it has noticeably more vibration than my 661 has pulling a 36" bar.

chiselbit

I have owned several 372’s They all had 32” bars and occasionally 36”. If yours is struggling and it’s not the chain then there’s something wrong. Could just be tired. Those saws are well worth rebuilding. Or send it to Serf Life.

owScott

I have owned several 372’s They all had 32” bars and occasionally 36”. If yours is struggling and it’s not the chain then there’s something wrong. Could just be tired. Those saws are well worth rebuilding. Or send it to Serf Life.
2nd that always run my 372 with a 32". I use it as my bigger wood climbing saw.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Climbing Innovations
Top Bottom