• I oppose Covid-19 vaccine mandates

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • I oppose all vaccine mandates

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie 1

How is threat of loosing your job, freedom to travel, professional license etc. not forcing you?
Technically they aren’t restraining you and Forcibly injecting you .... at least not yet. They most definitely ARE using blackmail/coercion to Force you to comply/bend to their will. Like I stated previously , this is more about control over you and compliance , the totalitarian tip-toe so to speak. Wear a mask (which studies have shown to be ineffective and even unhealthy in some situations - sure in a controlled air-conditioned lab with a clean shaven man and an n95mask it will move the needle) which is about compliance, (the Arabs used masks to break the will of their slaves) and conditioning you to obey thus psychologically preparing you to obey in the future. When you cover the mouth and nose it absolutely increases cortisol levels which isn’t exactly healthy for you over the long term. There are just so many inconsistencies, lies , gaslighting that any sane person would have to question the narrative. The others have unfortunately drunk the koolaid and appear incapable of any rational debate ... much like brainwashed cult members

Last edited:

climbhightree

Branched out member
Really? Were done here..
An excuse would mean I think that they are innocent, and shouldn't be charged. I think they should be charged, and their actions were wrong. That doesn't mean that All of them went in there planning this. Did some, yes...and they should be held accountable too, if not more so.

rico

Been here a while
An excuse would mean I think that they are innocent, and shouldn't be charged. I think they should be charged, and their actions were wrong. That doesn't mean that All of them went in there planning this. Did some, yes...and they should be held accountable too, if not more so.
Excuse- An excuse is a reason that you give in order to explain why something has been done or has not been done.

You do realize that by definition you just made an excuse for your prior excuse making...

evo

Been here a while
How is threat of loosing your job, freedom to travel, professional license etc. not forcing you?
Well if you don’t respect the common good (others lives) enough to drink and drive you loose the same.. I’m vaxed and MOST of my family is as well, but there would be hell to pay of some asshole got me sick enough to pass this bug to my baby girl. If the virus didn’t get them I sure as hell would!

Edited to add: I’d feel entirely different if ~80% of my county decided to get vaxed. But instead last I checked it was about 55%

treegongfu

Branched out member
We have a vaccine passport that we are going to have to use if travelling or going to elective things like restaurants, in Ontario.

I have a double dose of astrezenica, which I think was made in an uncertified plant in India.

I'm not convinced that it was a good idea to get the vacine but it is done.

I'm not going anywhere that makes me scan something with my phone to prove I'm vaccinated.

Fuck that.

Do any of those who so vociferously support the vaccine think these government intrusions are going to end at some point?

Bart_

Participating member
Shoe on the other foot - how'd you like have a business in Florida and some customer(s) show up hacking and coughing wanting to come in. You think about your extremely senior mother (in law) looking after your 3 year old unvaccinated daughter. Crap, I'm vaccinated but that just means I'm far less likely to get real sick or die if/when I get it. But the folks at home.... As you ponder this the customers demand "Are you going to serve us/let us in?" and then you remember it's illegal to know, find out, query or refuse these guys. Crud!!!! Feeling lucky today, got no choice..... "Over here fellas..."

I think I've got the gist of the Florida laws basically right, perhaps not exact. But it's the opposite of having any onus to say "I'm good" as a customer "You don't have to worry about me" which is the gist of any of these passports popping up around the world. Kind of like the express pass to cross the border, quick, easier reduced stress.

Not taking sides, just walking a mile in other's shoes concept.

treegongfu

Branched out member
That isn't true is it? If I'm vaccinated I'm less likely to get seriously I'll and same for you or store employee if they are vaccinated. Maybe I'm less likely to transmit it too.

climbhightree

Branched out member
Excuse- An excuse is a reason that you give in order to explain why something has been done or has not been done.

You do realize that by definition you just made an excuse for your prior excuse making...
I wasn't going to reply to this because I don't really want to debate word definitions, that isn't the topic of this thread. But oh well.

Straight from Webster dictionary

excuse​

verb
ex·cuse | \ ik-ˈskyüz , imperatively often ˈskyüz \
excused; excusing

Definition of excuse

(Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1a: to make apology for
b: to try to remove blame from
2: to forgive entirely or disregard as of trivial import : regard as excusable graciously excused his tardiness
3a: to grant exemption or release towas excused from jury duty
b: to allow to leaveexcused the class

Definitions 1-3 (as a verb) don't match what I was saying, that you claim is an excuse, because I'm am not offering an apology for them. Nor am I try to remove blame from them and forgive them entirely. What they did was illegal, and they should be held accountable for it...for maybe the 10th time.

One can see their motive (something, such as a need or desire, that causes a person to act) without offering them an excuse. You may even be able to see their motive without even agreeing with it.

RyTheTreeGuy

Participating member
This has been an interesting topic to follow along with. I am double vaccinated and believe that Covid is real and does has adverse health effects on people. Particularly vulnerable populations. However, I also believe that there are those looking to exploit this pandemic for personal and political gain. I am concerned about the government overstepping in the name of safety...This has just been introduced in my region and it leads me to believe it may get worse before it gets better...https://torontosun.com/news/provincial/furey-durham-region-mandates-contact-tracing-for-gatherings-in-peoples-homes

rico

Been here a while
I wasn't going to reply to this because I don't really want to debate word definitions, that isn't the topic of this thread. But oh well.

Straight from Webster dictionary

excuse​

verb
ex·cuse | \ ik-ˈskyüz , imperatively often ˈskyüz \
excused; excusing

Definition of excuse

(Entry 1 of 2)
transitive verb
1a: to make apology for
b: to try to remove blame from
2: to forgive entirely or disregard as of trivial import : regard as excusable graciously excused his tardiness
3a: to grant exemption or release towas excused from jury duty
b: to allow to leaveexcused the class

Definitions 1-3 (as a verb) don't match what I was saying, that you claim is an excuse, because I'm am not offering an apology for them. Nor am I try to remove blame from them and forgive them entirely. What they did was illegal, and they should be held accountable for it...for maybe the 10th time.

One can see their motive (something, such as a need or desire, that causes a person to act) without offering them an excuse. You may even be able to see their motive without even agreeing with it.

Oxfords definition of "excuse" when used as either a verb or a noun... You see the word "apology" buddy?

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 8.08.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-18 at 8.09.15 AM.png

You have publicly used phrases like “getting caught up in the excitement” and “ peer pressure” when describing why the Jan 6th rioters were assaulting peace officers, threatening to hang/kill the VP of the United Sates of American, and attempting to undo the results of the 2020 presidential election. Your words were by definition "excuse" making.

Sadly you don’t seem to have the decency to even be honest about your own words and actions, let alone be honest about the words and actions of others. Dishonest and cowardly in my book. As long as a certain demographic of Americans continues to LIE about the events of Jan 6th, our democracy will continue to be under serious threat.

Last edited:

climbhightree

Branched out member
Oxfords definition of "excuse" when used as either a verb or a noun... You see the word "apology" buddy?

View attachment 77951

View attachment 77952

You have publicly used phrases like “getting caught up in the excitement” and “ peer pressure” when describing why the Jan 6th rioters were assaulting peace officers, threatening to hang/kill the VP of the United Sates of American, and attempting to undo the results of the 2020 presidential election. Your words were by definition "excuse" making.

Sadly you don’t seem to have the decency to even be honest about your own words and actions, let alone be honest about the words and actions of others. Pathetic and cowardly in my book. As long as a certain demographic of Americans continues to LIE about the events of Jan 6th, our democracy will continue to be under serious threat.
You want them prosecuted, and I want them prosecuted. I'm not seeing the problem here.

You are the one getting angry and attacking me. I am not angry, or even upset, and I haven't attacked you personally.

rico

Been here a while
You want them prosecuted, and I want them prosecuted. I'm not seeing the problem here.

You are the one getting angry and attacking me. I am not angry, or even upset, and I haven't attacked you personally.
So I’m an asshole, and your too cowardly to be honest about your own words. I’m good with that. Tata

Status
Not open for further replies.

New threads New posts

Kask Stihl NORTHEASTERN Arborists Wesspur TreeStuff.com Kask Teufelberger Westminster X-Rigging Teufelberger Tracked Lifts Arbor Expo BayLeafDigital
Top Bottom