Trees from a distance

ATH

Usually I just learn about trees from you guys...

Not Ptelea trifoliata.
So you meant literal beer not like "it sounds like something used to make beer"! Put that down as my "learned something new today". I'm familiar with elderberry wine, but not elderberry beer.

colb

So you meant literal beer not like "it sounds like something used to make beer"! Put that down as my "learned something new today". I'm familiar with elderberry wine, but not elderberry beer.
What's this beer/mead equivalency, @ATH ? I typed mead and you responded about beer twice, so I'm thinking that I am missing some information here. They're fairly different in taste, to me, and the ingredients are different. Not quarelling, just curious... Anyways, I had some elderberry mead in Bozeman, where I visited my first meadery (who knew they existed?...) last December. Great guys making tasty stuff.

ATH

What's this beer/mead equivalency, @ATH ? I typed mead and you responded about beer twice, so I'm thinking that I am missing some information here. ....
My bad. I'll blame it on the initial late night reading/response that just stuck with not having gone back to check!

robinia

I think I see opposite branching...
And maybe stout twigs.
I’ll go Phellodendron amurense, even though it doesn’t look quite right.